Terminal Strip Question?

Ok I went out and bought a terminal strip/barrier strip. It is a dual row, but it appears that the left/right side, in each section is connected together, making 8 different sections.

What are the ones called that has a row of 8 (just using that as an example) where I can put a power wire to the bottom one, and it powers the other 7 above it on any one side? Trying to get away from connecting 7 different wires to a single powerpack. This is what I bought below (but it has more screws)

!BoTkSf!!mk~$(KGrHqIH-E!EuZQlQ(gLBLm+U8ehD!~~_35.JPG

You're looking for a distribution bar, a hard thing to find in most stores.
You can get jumpers to convert to one or make one from wire and spade connectors.

as mentioned above, the one you have can be used for what you need. You can make, either out of bare wire, wire with lugs or a piece of metal (aluminum or brass) a device that will connect all of the terminals along one side (called a shorting bar). That one side will then be connected by a single wire to the power pack. You then can run separate wires from each of the terminals on the other side to where ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
as mentioned above, the one you have can be used for what you need. You can make, either out of bare wire, wire with lugs or a piece of metal (aluminum or brass) a device that will connect all of the terminals along one side (called a shorting bar). That one side will then be connected by a single wire to the power pack. You then can run separate wires from each of the terminals on the other side to where ever.

Yeah, I've seen people make a zig-zag like shape ( /\/\/\/\ ) out of 14 gauge (12 gauge?) wire.

Those were kinda expensive lol. So heres how I ended up doing it, I havent tested but should work

powerterminal.jpg

This is just to power the track. Every other one will be positive/negative.

Back