Sylacauga Cof Ga Photos

L&N Castle

Evening. While coming home yesterday from a Mother's day visit,I stopped in downtown Sylacauga Ala.,and got some rather nice photos of the Southern yard,and of a local shortline railroad,that works the local industries in town. So without further ado,here they are. William.

I have only a few more,as I really didn't have time to get more,as it was getting late,and I did have to get on home.I hope to go back,and maybe stay a little longer,and maybe,get some of the ARGer's to come with me,and make a day of railfanning. What do you think gang,maybe ,yes-no? William.

Hey ,fellows. After doing a little research,I found out that,the Shortline Railroad,that I stumbled upon,is one of two Railtex shortlines that operate in Alabama. They are the Alabama Gulf Railroad,and the Eastern Alabama Railway.the EARY runs from Gents Quarry to Talladega Alabama,and interchanges with NS and CSX. The AGR,goes all the way to Mobile,and to Mississippi. Pretty neat,huh?:cool:. But,talk about lucking out on finding all that on a Sunday yet.:cool: . William.

Nice pics William. It looks like you got into some good action. We might be up for a trip sometime.

GrandeMan
This is YOUR mission
Ya'll take that new camera and get some more shot's of those nice colourfull trains, it's good practice ;)

Evening everyone. Glad to see that y'all enjoyed the photos. Truth be told guys,there is no way I could have planned that afternoon,even if I wanted to. It's like I told CJ,it was like railroad heaven. Three NS switch engines,a waiting northbound NS freight,AND a local shortline transfer run at the same time.:cool: :D. Man y'all talk about lucking out,I did for sure that day.William.

Wow, you sure hit "pay dirt" that time William! That's why I try* to always keep a 35mm disposable in my glove compartment for such unexpected finds.

(* Of course sometimes my youngest daughter finds it first and then its history:rolleyes: )

Hello Ken,hey guys. Ken, what you say is true. In fact from now on,whenever possible,I will have my camera with me,and who knows what I'll find roamin around out there. If I may,instead of one camera in the car,get two_One for your daughter,and one for you.That way,you'll at least have one.:) :cool: . William.

Back