SWMBO has spoken - Help!

Fazby

I am a DC guy and don't foresee DCC on my layout. However, my wife has 'requested' something with sound. Is there a way to obtain loco sound with DC? Or is DCC the only way?

Thanks!

Broadway Limited has some DC/sound items. I am also DC only but run some DCC equipped/sound engines on my layout with no problem. Some features are not available that way though. Both Broadway & Atlas make a "controller" to access more sounds on DC.

Any engine with a QSI Quantum Analog Remote Control decoder can produce sound on DC. You can buy the Quantum sound controller for about $60 to access all of the sounds. MTH also has DC sound locomotives in HO. MRC offers some outboard sound systems that produce train sounds through speakers mounted on or near the layout.

Um... SWMBO? Any chance I might have one and not know it?

A friend has a DC loco with sound, he got that controller Jim mentioned to access all the noises, it's not that bad actually.

I have an MRC sound machine that has diesel & steam sounds & also has a diesel air horn & a steam whistle. You hook it to the track & it has a speed control & a volume control. I use a boxed speaker. I don't know if they are made anymore, but, U might find one on Ebay.

Ah, thanx... turns out I do have one of those!
She's also an SDBB to boot so that makes her even more of a SHMBO!

(second degree black belt) :eek:

Well not only did I find out I have a SHMBO but as it turns out she claims that she has something called a HWMBT. Who knew?

(He who must be tolerated)

Back