Switching from EZ Track to Unitrack

mnbaty

Trainman
I am just wondering what anyones opinion might be on switching out all of my track. The wife says i need to sell as much ez track as I can before I go to Unitrack.

I did a few years ago. I bought enought Unitrack to make one main line with some switches to make sure it worked like I wanted. Then put the EZ Track up for sale here and other places. Bought more Unitrack when the EZ Track was all gone. I donated the black roadbed EZ Track to a local model club as most didn't want it anyway.

I continue to add Unitrack pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always tried to stay away from the black roadbed. I was hoping to do a big change all at once but I think that would be quite unaffordable.

Yeah, Uni-Track is quite more expensive. I went with EZ-Track (NS) because it was readily available in my area (if you call a 120 mile round trip close by). None of the places in Alexandria carried Uni-Track so it had to be ordered and the LHS was projecting four months to get it.

I have a couple of places close by but their track selections for any kind are pretty limited. I find my best bet is online.

Walthers carries Kato Unitrack and usually has them in stock. I've bought most of my Unitrack from them with the LHS and my local train show providing some.

Back