Swing bridge and piers build

Good work on the bridge with the track angles. it should look very dramatic when you have trains running over it.
I built the Linburg tug for my club a number of years ago, painting it to resemble CNR tug#6 that still resides on Okanagan lake in Penticton. I'm eager to see your weathering on yours

Thanx guys, it's slowly starting to take shape.
I took the day off today and actually got a little more done!
I painted the base coat on the module after spreading some drywall goo on the styrofoam. I'll do more shaping when I know what's going where.
Also got the track laid on the bridges and soon learned that finishing the guard rails first and painting the track beforehand would have been a keen idea!:rolleyes:
I used Walthers Bridgetrack on the double truss and Micro Engineering Bridgetrack on the double swing.
The ME track comes with the guard rails and timbers seperate but is a longer length than the Walthers track.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found my airbrush while digging thru some boxes and thought I'd give the bridges a shot since the sun was out and the wind was just right.
I started with light pases of Pollyscale "Tarnished Black" for a base then added a little Polyyscale "Rust" to the remainder of the black. This gave a slight rust tint on most of the structure and a little more where I let the paint accumilate. It turned out not too bad, I think I got lucky on this one.

Looks really good there Rico. The colors blend very well.
I see you have the same airbrush that I do, aren't those old badgers great?

Excellent work Rico.

I like the color you used to tone down the "brand new shinny look".
Is it the layout room we can see in the backround (basement)?

Thanx again guys!
Yeah I love the Badger, does the trick and easy to clean!
Yup that's the "Chamber of the Sacred Rails" all right, you can see the outline of the old layout on the wall.
You can also see where I pulled the drywall to check the insulation problem, the dehumidifier that really dried up the moisture, and a nice crack running across the floor. Being built in an old quarry, the house seems to never stop shifting, maybe I'll wake up one day and look up at the ground???
The third picture in post #24 is the outside of the trainroom window by the dog run. It's a walkout basement in the back which I think is why the insulation needs to be upgraded.

You would think the house would stop "moving" after a while.

Looks like you got a nice layout room, clean, bright and finished.

That's a big dog run, must be a big dog!

The bridge looks great Rico. Good luck with your new layout. I stayed in FL this winter looking for a house, but now I decided to stay in NY. The houses are cheap enough there but all my friends are here which means alot. So my layout will continue to grow.

George

That would be perfect for the swing bridge on the Black Rock Rock canal off of the Niagara River in Buffalo NY that the CN RR uses.

Too bad that isn't available in N scale.

Back