Swamp Diorama

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

Hello zoegraf

I use a Nikon D90 with a 35mm Lens. All my pictures with Rolling Stock are made outside in the sun without any flash. Thats the reason why the nice shadows are created by natural sunlight. BTW the Diorama was made from my Friend Stefan Loesch, he did also the step by step pictures with his Camera.

Hello zoegraf

I use a Nikon D90 with a 35mm Lens. All my pictures with Rolling Stock are made outside in the sun without any flash. Thats the reason why the nice shadows are created by natural sunlight. BTW the Diorama was made from my Friend Stefan Loesch, he did also the step by step pictures with his Camera.

I used to use my old SLR film camera with various filters and lenses. Now I just use a Canon digital elph, which has it limits. Someday I'll buy a DSLR, but now I'm tempted to buy a BMLA bridge for my next layout.

That is the most realistic photo set I've seen in a long time. Great work, and using natural lighting only enhances your photos. I have a question for you - I've been searching for something to model the long (4-6') grass that grows near water. I see you've got some in the diorama - what are you using?

Thanks in advance,

-bill

Hello Bill, thanks for the nice words. The long grass is just paper. If you go to page 1 of this Thread you can see it.

Thanks, I was able to review your album and see you cutting the "reeds". Do you treat the paper with anything before putting it in the scene?

Thanks for the reply. I had also thought of grabbing some white pine needles and giving that a try as well. They would have to be soaked in Mod Podge or a similar matte medium and then painted, because they would eventually turn brown.

All great ideas - thanks again.

-bill

What a great work - modelling as well as photography! Especially water and weathering - the details are phantastic. And i´ll try out that "grass from paper" idea. Sometimes its just a simple idea which works best. THX for that inspiration!

Back