Sw1200rsm

ccool

Hi !

I come back with a project that i finally start !

I find old post that it contain some nice information but like it's not neccessary in the good section i will restart here.

Here is the link : http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19150&page=2&highlight=sw1200

I have find a good part of the modification and part that i need.

I also read the "old" article from Mr. Bob Beaudreau.

I have some question, if someone can help it would be appreciate of course.

#1 The top of dynamik brake, Mr Boudreau tell and make his model with the exhaust stack on the middle, I have the impression that it's like the normal GP9 but i don't have any picture or information about it. Someone have a idea about that ?

#2 I start the project with a atlas shell, of course the side of the dynamik brake are not the same, i had cut the dynamik of Atlas but how i can make the side screen ? Mr Boudreau talk about Kemtron product but it is always available ? and how accurate ?

#3 Does thelong hood is the same lenght that the SW7 ?

#4 Stanchion, In another post we talk about GP9 from Kaslo and someone tell that it's better to use stanchion of precision Scale, i order a pack for my GP9 , Does all have the same lenght ?

Thanks !

I can't help on your project, but I can tell you this. Kemtron parts are now sold by Precision Scale. They do sell the screen in various sizes. Best bet would be to get their HO scale catalog.

Attaching a shot I found somewhere on some forum. I don't normally post photos that are not mine, but this is only one I've seen that shows the roof of the CN unit. Hope this helps.

Look Bob, it's got hood scoops!!!!! ;) That is a very different engine. Love the CN for their home builts!!

#1 The top of dynamik brake, Mr Boudreau tell and make his model with the exhaust stack on the middle, I have the impression that it's like the normal GP9 but i don't have any picture or information about it. Someone have a idea about that ?

#2 I start the project with a atlas shell, of course the side of the dynamik brake are not the same, i had cut the dynamik of Atlas but how i can make the side screen ? Mr Boudreau talk about Kemtron product but it is always available ? and how accurate ?

#3 Does thelong hood is the same lenght that the SW7 ?

#4 Stanchion, In another post we talk about GP9 from Kaslo and someone tell that it's better to use stanchion of precision Scale, i order a pack for my GP9 , Does all have the same lenght ?

Thanks !

#2 do you have any carbody filter screens left from your Kaslo GP9rm kit?

#3, yes it is a standard SW1200 deck and frame

#4 precision scale is the standard ht. GP9, GP40, SD40 etc EMD stanchions. Smokey Valley are just a tiny bit too short, but would look fine on a small engine if you had to use them up.

Nobody makes the rear cab wall, so you'll have to cut your own from styrene.

Hi !

CJCrescent : thanks for the informartion i will check them.

Mr Boudreau : THanks for the picture, any infoirmation are already welcome and usefull.

Iomalley :

2- Kaslo don't send extra part, i use them on my GP9.

3- I talk about the hood, does the chopped hood of the GP9 is the same lenght that the original SW1200 ?

4- All stanchion have same lenght ?

For the cab, i use the canon and i just put a styrene to make separation, the shape are not the good one but i don't know how i can make better.

THanks !

Hi !

I start to work the top section of the dynamik brake.

If you look at the picture ( it can be better to load it to have a bigger zoom) you can see that it have "something" between the 2 exhaust stack.... anyone know what is it ?

The exhaust stack look to be round, anyone know if the part are available or i must scratchbuild them ?

Thanks !

and for the grillesscreen it is precision scale 39102 ?

Anyone have a idea of what they look like ?

THanks !

Back