Sure has been fun around here

dont get me wrong, i like the "fast pace" accross the street, but the BS, insults, rudeness, and well you ALL know, i dont have to explain what goes on there. but i must say i have never seen a post go unanswered here, every time i have asked a question or posted a picture of that horrid building i built, i was ALWAYS greeted with respectfull responses. I really enjoy this forum.

one other thing.... i noticed accross the street, the BS only seems to be in the model railroad sections, just for fun glance through the garden railroading or clastic trains forums.........

Most respectfully, you are mistaken, OldTrail, insofar as your message relates to Classic Toy Trains. :D They had a collective hissy fit on their coffee thread last weekend, and I had to threaten to pull the plug on it unless they behaved...which they have since done. Much to my relief. :rolleyes:

-Crandell

... Tombstone is looking much better. I would say it's down right cosmopolitan compared to the wild west gun slinging of a month ago.

...Thanks to whoever owns or runs this forum. It surely is a valuable source for the experienced and newbie alike.

:p Ha ha haaaa!! That got me laughing, Corey. You rock!

And I agree whole heartedly that this forum has the quietude and decorum of a Victorian-era club with all it's peerage and respect. A very nice atmosphere where the egos so prevalent over there seem to get sifted out magically at the door.

-Crandell

:
And I agree whole heartedly that this forum has the quietude and decorum of a Victorian-era club with all it's peerage and respect.

Thank you, I think... :) You're right, that does sound nice, and it's a good way to think of it.

(Uh, he's not talking about one of those place with the plush velvet furniture and dim red lighting and "ladies of negotiable affection" is he? ;))

A very nice atmosphere where the egos so prevalent over there seem to get sifted out magically at the door.

Thanks, we try hard to maintain that atmosphere. They actually do tend to not visit here, due to the general tone the place has. Boasting and egos is much more fun when there are others there doing the same thing, so you can have a bit of a challenge, see who's best, try and one up each other. Since there's not much of that going on here, people aren't as likely to come in and start.

However, as other folks have already mentioned, as the place gets bigger, it will be more common. Still, I think we maintain a pretty similiar attitude over at RailroadForums.com, and it has quite a bit more traffic than this place. Hopefully as this forum continues to grow and expand we can keep the same low key friendly atmosphere.

I wonder if part of the reason trolls don't come here is because of the lag time between submitting registration and getting the confirmation e-mail? I remember when I signed up here 2 years ago, I waited ~6 hours before the confirmation email arrived. Across the street there's no such double-checking. I know if I was a troll, I wouldn't have the patience to wait 6 hours every time I wanted to assume a new identity and make mischief! :D

There is a principle that like attracts like. The people here are friendly and respectful. They attract friendly and respectful people.

I wonder if part of the reason trolls don't come here is because of the lag time between submitting registration and getting the confirmation e-mail?

There are always exceptions, but generally speaking the lag time between signing up and getting the confirmation should be just a few minutes, not hours.

However, having to confirm your identity does slow the trolls and spammers down a bit. Doesn't stop them, but it does discourage some of them.

Someone told me about this forum and, for the life of me, I can't remember who, but thanks for helping me find it.

Jim, that might have been me. I sent you an email via the other forum about this one. This is a great place, a lot of good people here.

Stan.

Hey, fellas... Thanks for missing me. :) I drop by (read: "lurk") almost daily, and always enjoy "hearing" what everyone has to say.

It's very rewarding to hear such nice things about this place (and the associated forums, RRF, Steam and Essays). Bob does a great job!

(All together now: "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow......")

Last edited by a moderator:
crandell, i just breezed through the posts and didnt notice as much negative there, anyway, thank you and all the other moderators for keeping this place and others great places to chat.

i just dont understand, i come to forums for one reason, i would assume others do for the same reason, so why must people get all bent over others opions, when they say theirs? any way...........OT

Stan, I think you're right, it was you, thanks. I remember that Southern logo now. Claudia, even though we've never met before, folks around here seem to think you're an OK person and pretty good modeler, so I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.

crandell, i just breezed through the posts and didnt notice as much negative there, anyway, thank you and all the other moderators for keeping this place and others great places to chat.

i just dont understand, i come to forums for one reason, i would assume others do for the same reason, so why must people get all bent over others opions, when they say theirs? any way...........OT

I understand completely, OldTrail. We each have our perceptions and biases that impart a flavour to what we know and do. It makes being a moderator difficult because a conscientious one would not want to be overbearing and to allow him/herself to impose too much personal slant on the work of monitoring what is said, thereby affecting the flavour of the entire forum.

I was just happy to see that historical thread right itself, as I saw it needing righting. Made me feel good about the whole thing.

Regards.

Back