Sure has been fun around here

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
The participations has been high, lots of good advice and plenty of new members.

Best of all the place is friendly, relaxed and fun.

It hasn't been this fun since...well, since Grandeman discovered a camera. He hasn't been model railroading since.

It hasn't been this fun since...well, since Grandeman discovered a camera. He hasn't been model railroading since.
No kidding hey!? He bought that thing, and can't leave RailroadForums.com now.

It has been nice, and a little overwhelming with all the posts, I can hardly keep up. So much so, I skip over some threads! :eek:

I've noticed this forum picking up the pace. I spend a good amount of time across the street because it's busier. However, if I have a question, I usually ask it here first. The information and encouragement is nice around here.

The information and encouragement is nice around here.

definitely. I've been on internet BB's for about 10 years now, and this one is one of the first I've come across that doesn't scream "SEARCH" whenver I ask a question.

I've learned to do my research over the years, but sometimes my questions or parameters are too vague or in the wrong vernacular. :D

I gotta agree it's been nice around here, all the new people coming in and asking questions. Plenty of modeling going on from the regulars has really re-motivated me again, that and it's getting dark around 5:40 here so I can't do anything outdoors so I have lots of time for indoors stuff now.

Corey,

Sadly, it was ignorance.

And to think of all the newbies I could have impolitely refered to it...

(that was sarcasm :D )

Ditto everything everyone has said! Especially about Eric. Where has he been hiding lately, and where's Fergie? He's been in over across the street quite a bit. This my favorite model train forum! the people are almost always respectful and helpful. I spend a lot more time here than there.......

The participation here has really taken off. I'm not sure why it took so long, this is THE BEST model railroad forum on the web! Good friends and good times are had with our hobby here.

As for those guy that miss me, I'm humbled. Rest assured, I'm here most everyday even though I may not be signed in. I spend a good bit of time chasing Birmingham's indusrial past and shooting photos of what's left, that's true. What Chip doesn't know is that LGM and I have run our trains pretty hard on the Platte Canyon Sub lately! ;)

Speaking as one of those aforementioned newbies, it is very helpful when you get into (or back into) this hobby and know there is such a knowledgeable and varied pool of people to draw on. I'd like to thank you guys for helping getting me going in the right direction. *twothumbsup*

Mark

I think the increased membership here is due in large part to the problems across the street. Not only do we have good moderators but the good people to jerk ratio is good here and terrible there. Newbies can expect to be treated with disdain there by a bunch of those jerks, who would have been banned after about their tenth post if I owned the site. We also seem to have a group of folks here that are respectful of each other's opinions even when we don't agree. I just made a post in another thread that I know would lead to a four page diatribe across the street. Here, I suspect there will be people who agree and people who don't but no one will have a cow over it. That's a huge advantage and I really appreciate the general tenor of things here.

This is the only forum I post on right now. The people here are great and respectful. I don't mind seeing the same questions asked repeatedly sometimes, as different people respond so you get various opinions on the same thing.
I've never been across the street, and from what I hear on this side of the street, have no intention of crossing!
I would have to agree with several earlier posts in this thread, that this is THE BEST model RR forum on the net because it has the best people running it and using it.
Thanks to everyone here.

I think the increased membership here is due in large part to the problems across the street.

For me that was not the case as I don't even know the URL for "across the street". :) I found you guys first, liked what I saw, and joined.

I am involved in a car forum (am a moderator) that is based on a specific chassis (BMW E46). Our forum is pretty good - a few bumps in the road but only a few. We are a tight knit group who basically knows each other personally, which helps a lot. We, however, have an "across the road" forum to deal with as well where the kids and smartarses go. Sounds a lot like the situation here.

In both cases, I apparently chose the correct side to squat on. :)

Mark

Back