Storage of Styrene strips

gabby

Bob Hayes
Don't know if this has been asked before. I have a fair amount of strip styrene here in the packets that need sorting out. How do you store it. Some of it is loose and some in the packets you buy it in. There is also the Details Associates brass wire that is getting mangled.

Get a paper towel tube. Tape one end closed. You can even put cardboard dividers inside it to store more than one size.

I use thin wall(sch.20) PVC pipe. Glue a cap on 1 end & glue an FA or MA on the other w/a cap or plug. You can make it just the right length for the plastic wrapped shapes.
I also have a bunch of old brazing rods that I use for downspouts, etc. & those are 3ft. long. I have a PVC tube for those too. A paper-Towel tube is a lot cheaper.

Depends on the size. Long pieces are best stored in the PVC pipes described by Larry. Shorter pieces, especially wire, do well in paper towel or even toilet paper rolls. If you have a lot styrene strip and wire, you'll probably need a combination of all three.

Depends on the size. Long pieces are best stored in the PVC pipes described by Larry. Shorter pieces, especially wire, do well in paper towel or even toilet paper rolls. If you have a lot styrene strip and wire, you'll probably need a combination of all three.

When I was welding all the time I kept all my welding rods & brazing rods in PVC to keep them dry.

Auto zone

On rainy days I stop by the local auto zone store and get the windshield wiper packages out of the front bins. clear plastic with a cardboard backer. cut to size and punch a hole in the top to hang. some will hold the original packaging and others the partly used pieces. can see what in them and how long. Also I get the old wipers and strip the stainless strips off the sides of the better ones. They have lots of uses. Dale

Ooohh, good idea, Dale. Would never even have thought of windshield wiper packages, but it looks like I'll be doing some dumpster diving on my next visit to Auto Zone. :)

Gary what's a pringle can????????????????????

They are a brand of chips that come in a can

pringles.jpg

Diburning now that I have seen to photo that Cory posted what you call crisps we call chips. They come in a foil pack - not a can.

Oh, the crisps thing was an American joke.

Outside of the US, crisps are potato chips and chips are french fries or fried potato wedges.

Back