Still plays with trains at 73

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Johnreese

Hi everyone. I'm still in the game even after 3 awful years with the pandemic. Our 32'x 28' foot modular club (Green River Junction) had to be disbanded what with no train shows and monthly storage fees killing us. Good news is that we were able to find buyers for most of our layout boards. Things change and now only 3 of 5 train enthusiasts remain. But I never lost interest (after 70 years in love with trains) and am completing two new 4 foot wide HO boards for operations. As I progress I will share photos with you all. Two of my old boards from the old club are seen under your Forums Photo Contest. (Moving energy and Keeping 'em fresh)

A skill set that is ageless. With just a few year shy of your time here on earth, I've kind of rediscovered the Rail Road Hobby. More revisiting my youth with Lionel from the 1950's/60's. My Son and grand kids have engaged and hopefully will enjoy this as I have. Hoping you find folks in your community to share this hobby and skill set to build another half century of memories and history preserving model rail road layouts. :)

Johnreese

A skill set that is ageless. With just a few year shy of your time here on earth, I've kind of rediscovered the Rail Road Hobby. More revisiting my youth with Lionel from the 1950's/60's. My Son and grand kids have engaged and hopefully will enjoy this as I have. Hoping you find folks in your community to share this hobby and skill set to build another half century of memories and history preserving model rail road layouts. :)
Thank you.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.