Still plays with trains at 73

Johnreese

Hi everyone. I'm still in the game even after 3 awful years with the pandemic. Our 32'x 28' foot modular club (Green River Junction) had to be disbanded what with no train shows and monthly storage fees killing us. Good news is that we were able to find buyers for most of our layout boards. Things change and now only 3 of 5 train enthusiasts remain. But I never lost interest (after 70 years in love with trains) and am completing two new 4 foot wide HO boards for operations. As I progress I will share photos with you all. Two of my old boards from the old club are seen under your Forums Photo Contest. (Moving energy and Keeping 'em fresh)

A skill set that is ageless. With just a few year shy of your time here on earth, I've kind of rediscovered the Rail Road Hobby. More revisiting my youth with Lionel from the 1950's/60's. My Son and grand kids have engaged and hopefully will enjoy this as I have. Hoping you find folks in your community to share this hobby and skill set to build another half century of memories and history preserving model rail road layouts. :)

A skill set that is ageless. With just a few year shy of your time here on earth, I've kind of rediscovered the Rail Road Hobby. More revisiting my youth with Lionel from the 1950's/60's. My Son and grand kids have engaged and hopefully will enjoy this as I have. Hoping you find folks in your community to share this hobby and skill set to build another half century of memories and history preserving model rail road layouts. :)
Thank you.

Hi everyone. I'm still in the game even after 3 awful years with the pandemic. Our 32'x 28' foot modular club (Green River Junction) had to be disbanded what with no train shows and monthly storage fees killing us. Good news is that we were able to find buyers for most of our layout boards. Things change and now only 3 of 5 train enthusiasts remain. But I never lost interest (after 70 years in love with trains) and am completing two new 4 foot wide HO boards for operations. As I progress I will share photos with you all. Two of my old boards from the old club are seen under your Forums Photo Contest. (Moving energy and Keeping 'em fresh)
Where was your original modular club located?...and do you have some photos of that layout that you might post??

Back