Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Starting over from scratch can be very time consuming. Building in sections or modules so the layout can move with you, can speed things up some, if you've got a design that works well. Some of the tables or portions of tables I'm using today, I built as a 20 something, back in the 80's. FWIW, I'm still building with moving in mind. Very few people stay in one house their entire adult lives, these days.

Starting over from scratch can be very time consuming. Building in sections or modules so the layout can move with you, can speed things up some, if you've got a design that works well. Some of the tables or portions of tables I'm using today, I built as a 20 something, back in the 80's. FWIW, I'm still building with moving in mind. Very few people stay in one house their entire adult lives, these days.

I actually build this one in sections but it was more like a basic layout with additions I added on over time. I’ve learned a lot and really think I could do more this time if I did one layout plan from scratch instead of addon after addon to an existing layout. If I do build a new one it will be in sections so I can dismantle if ever needed to in the future. Thanks for the tips, taking all suggestions onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the video. What a difference in the locomotives today compared to the garbage that was available back in the 70's. Amazing at how smooth they run.

Back