Spraying a cat when it’s on your layout?

The spray mister works well to deter my cat from jumping on my train layout.

IMG_6443.jpeg

Nothing inhumane about good, plain, water. Now if was gasoline or acid, you might have some detractors; but with just plain water, everyone will be fine. 😉

Nothing inhumane about good, plain, water. Now if was gasoline or acid, you might have some detractors; but with just plain water, everyone will be fine. 😉
The problem here is if the cat sees you do it, it won't associate you doing it with being on the layout. It will just think you're being a shit. It will also probably bolt and damage things in the process. Better to keep the cat out of the layout room entirely, or lay aluminum foil over the area it wants to frequent. They don't like the feel of aluminum foil under their feet. Another possibility is to place some small sponges treated with citrus oils, lemon or orange in strategic areas. Cats don't like citrus, they avoid it.

Unlike my brother if you want to keep the cat OFF the layout desist from putting cat food or kibble in the wagons, his goes to the tunnel waits for loco ignores it counts one two third wagon thwatttt! Eats cat food, so far train and e wagons have survived. would he want water with his food….he might drag his bowl in if the mood took him. as a three legged rescue cat he had one hell of a character and never tips over back legs firm and square bod up swat! Paw down consume food, cat happy, brother amused, track is a roundy roundly with a plastic tunnel placed for cats amusement, cat always plonks down by tunnel although could easily twat the train at any point, If brother leaves it for a few months, as soon as the track is down the cat is sat waiting ready to play.

Unlike my brother if you want to keep the cat OFF the layout desist from putting cat food or kibble in the wagons, his goes to the tunnel waits for loco ignores it counts one two third wagon thwatttt! Eats cat food, so far train and e wagons have survived. would he want water with his food….he might drag his bowl in if the mood took him. as a three legged rescue cat he had one hell of a character and never tips over back legs firm and square bod up swat! Paw down consume food, cat happy, brother amused, track is a roundy roundly with a plastic tunnel placed for cats amusement, cat always plonks down by tunnel although could easily twat the train at any point, If brother leaves it for a few months, as soon as the track is down the cat is sat waiting ready to play.
Sounds like the brother and the cat have found a way to keep each other entertained.

set up the video camera/. make a cheese 1950's sci fi. Squirt the cat and watch it terrorize all the inhabitants of plasticville as the cat runs from the water. Edit the footage with cheesy 1950's scenes call it attack of the giant cat and have a good laugh. I am off to watch MST3K

Back