Some CN units from my collection...

SGS, is it just me, or are CN vans huge compared to the average US caboose?

With the exception of length, they're close to a standard w/v caboose. CP's cupolas were huge though, like 9' square!

They're about the same size as ICGs w/v cabooses...

Maybe it's the combination of length and the monster cupolas that make them looks so big. A UP CA-3 caboose looks almost puny by comparison.

up25007-full-right-side.jpg

The strobes don't necessary mean radio controlled. Some of CSX's geeps have strobes, but they only flash when the unit is about to auto-start so people know what's going on.

Update from the Desk...

completed a Kaslo CN combo-door boxcar...built it in 2 nights...sometimes things just work out! :)

Also scored an old skool Ulrich gon from Ebay. Recreated it in CN paint. These were used as garbage cars in their later years and there was one like this tucked in behind the London RH for years.

I added it. It came from a Point one S13 kit...not sure if 7103 even had one. It's just held in with the handrail, not glued in so I could remove it without troubles.

I added it. It came from a Point one S13 kit...not sure if 7103 even had one. It's just held in with the handrail, not glued in so I could remove it without troubles.

It's a good looking unit iomalley, let me know if you ever want to sell it, I will swing by and pick it up.:D

I was reading some of your other posts and see that you have done some custom work using Kaslo Shops shells. Do you know what is going on with their website? It has been in a construction state for month’s now.:confused:

It's a good looking unit iomalley, let me know if you ever want to sell it, I will swing by and pick it up.:D

I was reading some of your other posts and see that you have done some custom work using Kaslo Shops shells. Do you know what is going on with their website? It has been in a construction state for month’s now.:confused:

Kaslo is still in business, John Whitmore can be reached by email. The website is still in the construction phase (2 years and counting) but given the downturn in the economy and sales, he doesn't want to spend the money to do the w/s right now.

Back