"What happened with that dead donkey?"

Kenny, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two
dollars a piece and made a profit of $898.00."

Farmer, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Kenny, " Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two
dollars back."

Kenny grew up and eventually became the chairman of
Enron...

WOW, thats great, reminds me of a snipit I read a few days back in a motorcycle magazine.

The article was in the June issue of American Motorcyclist, the AMA member publication.

"That Wasn’t Just Any Kid...

by Mike Tepley

My friend, Danny, and I had been planning an off-road ride for days, and I was really looking forward to it. So I was a little disappointed when I pulled into the parking lot and saw Danny standing there with Kevin, the son of the motorcycle dealer he worked for, and a couple of bikes.
[...]
I was familiar with Kevin. He was a nice-enough kid, but had an eye for mischief that generally put him at the center of any trouble. He was no bigger than a minute and weighed 80 pounds with full riding gear. Still, he had a talent for riding wheelies on just about any motorcycle up and down the driveway along the side of the shop.

When we reached the riding area, Danny and I unloaded quickly and we all took off for some of the more difficult whoop sections, determined to leave the kid far behind.
[...]
But every time we turned around, Kevin was still there.
[...]
It was a year or two later at a local hare scrambles that I next saw Kevin. He was at the starting line, a few bikes down from me. We nodded politely. He was now on a Yamaha YZ465 and could barely keep it upright due to his short legs.
[...]
On the last lap, I was in cruise mode, just trying to finish on two wheels, as I came upon a large jump. I was probably only a few feet off the ground, but as I landed, a motorcycle at terminal velocity flew just over my head. Looking up from below, I thought it looked like an YZ465, but I wasn’t sure until it landed about 20 feet in front of me.

It was Kevin.

At the trophy celebration, he came up and punched me on the arm.

“Beat you, Tep,” he said with a smile and a wink. I could only nod in agreement. The kid had lapped me on a five-mile course.

Soon after, I retired from off-road racing, but over the years, I kept seeing Kevin’s name in the local papers. He then switched to road racing, and I began to see his name in the national papers.

Finally, I saw his name one more time as the 1993 500cc GP World Road Racing Champion.

I have been out-ridden by a lot of riders, but I can say, with some confidence, none better than Kevin Schwantz."

If you know how Kevin Schwantz is then you'll get the point, and its a true story...

Back