Slip Switch

Maxitrains

Hi, does anyone know if there's any brand that makes single or double slip switches code 100 at 30° crossing? when I googled, the search came up mostly with PECO 12° crossing single and double.

Kindly help.

Thanks
Max

2 months ago there was a great article on slip switches in MRR mag that included nice illustrations and manufacturers...I will see about diggin it up and getting info for ya...

Alright gang! I found it! Sorry it took so long Josh but here is the information... Model Railroader Magazine, May 2007 issue, page #52! Entitled "Special Trackwork solves layout problems" By Carl Swanson. A very good article. It seems since about 2005 MR has really been doing well on topics which made me inclined to subscribe to them again...

Anyhow that is the scoop! Page 53 has a chart for HO, N, O, and Z for all product manufacturers for these lil' jewels. (slip switches & others)

Slip Switch?

Hi Max,
I noticed yesterday in going through WK Walthers site some various Slip switches, did a search and this is what I came across. Not sure of the exact angle of a #4 switch but believe it might work for you? I guess your going to place it at the crossing as a way to reverse direction when you want to?? b:) As another thought why not just install a Right hand and a Left hand switch on either side of the crossing and connect them with a short section in needed, it would sure be a lot cheaper!!

HTH.

David

Hi, does anyone know if there's any brand that makes single or double slip switches code 100 at 30° crossing? when I googled, the search came up mostly with PECO 12° crossing single and double.

Kindly help.

Thanks
Max

Last edited by a moderator:

Back