Seneca Ridge MS Afters School Train and RC Club

We may have to hold off with goin dcc... i found an atlas layout guide and it will make our lives much easier... at least the kids will have some reference to look at when laying the track down and doing the wiring... unlike last year, everything was done through pure imagination, but lacked some in guidance...

Heres the layout that the kids picked...
985ce98dd3779d92256856dbbf7a8a85.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We may have to hold off with goin dcc... i found an atlas layout guide and it will make our lives much easier... at least the kids will have some reference to look at when laying the track down and doing the wiring... unlike last year, everything was done through pure imagination, but lacked some in guidance...

985ce98dd3779d92256856dbbf7a8a85.jpg

Use it as a track plan but make it DCC you had the plan already, this way best of both!

A 4x8 should not require a great many feeders, your wiring will be easy with DCC and you will want to go there eventually.

A 4x8 should not require a great many feeders, your wiring will be easy with DCC and you will want to go there eventually.
True... i guess i will purchase it then... wiring is such a painful task... especially knowing that it is very likely that we have to unpack the layout come summer for storage...

Are there any other systems comparable with the ez commander in the same price point?

True... i guess i will purchase it then... wiring is such a painful task... especially knowing that it is very likely that we have to unpack the layout come summer for storage...

Are there any other systems comparable with the ez commander in the same price point?

I was running two locos DCC on 20 feet of Bachman ez track with no hiccups and just the one power feed to the track on a couple office tables! You might have to add just one extra feed with the size you got but you will probably not have to.

Well, it seems that our dream of getting an EZ COMMANDER is over....
I emailed Bachmann Corporate and guess what... I think we are getting a Dynamis.... for a whopping price tag of zero... I do hope they are not pulling our leg...

. i looked at the process of the mrc 2000 and for a used one, i thought the price is rather high, considering it doesn't come with any dcc equipped Locomotive...
Yeah, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for one. Just because they were $200 when they were new, some people seem to think they are still worth that.

Hopefully we get more details on the stuff we are receiving from Bachmann. I'm sure the kids will be excited, just as I am, when I share with them the great news!!!

I have always liked that layout. I've done at least three from that basic concept. The operational problem is the crossing. Instead of the two trains having to just wait for the other train to get into the sidings, they also have to wait at the crossing. Direction of travel will make a big difference. Also stretching it out to a 4x8 will help this situation.

Well, it seems that our dream of getting an EZ COMMANDER is over....
I emailed Bachmann Corporate and guess what... I think we are getting a Dynamis.... for a whopping price tag of zero... I do hope they are not pulling our leg...
That is a hard price to beat. Seems like I read something about the Dynamis for multiple throttles. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

On the layout we are working on, the book illustrates where to gap the rails for a DC configuration for block wiring... since we are going DCC, do we still need to follow the gapping, or just have the whole track on a single continuous wiring, eliminating the need for the block section???

On the layout we are working on, the book illustrates where to gap the rails for a DC configuration for block wiring... since we are going DCC, do we still need to follow the gapping,;
No. Since this layout has no reversing loops, turntables, or wyes, a single continuous track is fine.

The only gaps (insulated joiners) you might want to consider would be to make one of the sidings a programming track. Does the Bachman Dynamis have a separate output for a programming track?

Theres no separate output but it has an option to program in either a maintrack or service track...
It does have two connection towards the track... one using the Bachmann plug into their ez track, while one uses the conventional track terminal... i wonder if i can use both??

This may not be the best forum to post but I was hoping someone can help us price these trains...
f05523374c2e3f6882c2ed30daec7af3.jpg
26a3618eac658da3ac96500208cb02cb.jpg

Since we are now using dcc, we wanted to clear the older trains and use the funds on something else... All these do run but will need refurbishment... I am not sure what to ask for it....

Brands are Tyco, AHM, Rivarossi, Bachmann, Athearn, Marx. We also have an abundance of box cars...

This may not be the best forum to post but I was hoping someone can help us price these trains...
f05523374c2e3f6882c2ed30daec7af3.jpg
26a3618eac658da3ac96500208cb02cb.jpg

Since we are now using dcc, we wanted to clear the older trains and use the funds on something else... All these do run but will need refurbishment... I am not sure what to ask for it....

Brands are Tyco, AHM, Rivarossi, Bachmann, Athearn, Marx. We also have an abundance of box cars...

KEEP all your boxcars! Unless you really need the money and or are changing EVERYTHING you plan on running, DCC pulls em just the same as DC!

We are keeping the boxcars... but we need some money to buy and change couplers...

If you really want to sell them put them on ebay. Set up an account and you can run a search for similar listings. You may not raise a huge amount of money but it would serve to clean up your area and raise something.

Consider an open house with your NEW railroad and have a flea market portion where they could be sold. If there are Model Railroaders in your vicinity they may take them off your hands.

Back