Score at the rc Airplane shop

SD45T-2

So today, i have to get my brother from "skool" I stop at Burger king for lunch,and were discussing paint,and next door is a Airplane shop. so we go in to look at paint. Well out of the corner of my eye. i see a Athearn GP38-2 on the wall.

I use to live by this shop,but they always told me they didnt sell trains,But Atlas,athearn,and walthers have them on dealer finder.

He tells me in the back he has a bunch of used stuff so i say what the hell.

well I find
(2) athearn Bluebox Santa fe 40' Trailers
(1) Union pacific 40' trailer

$1 a piece complete

(1) Brand new in box ATSF Cab/trailer Freight chief still sealed 1975

$3.00
(1) Athearn SD40-2 ATSF dummy "bluebox steam era" No box.
$10 complete ready to run.

(1) 3 STall engine house Built

$3

Most of the Crap was bachman,lifelike But i did see a EJE and sp boxcar I may go back And get.

Makes me wonder, if i dont have to stock trains,does that mean Me owning a automotive business i can be a ATLAS 2 rail dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find! There's a R/C shop in Alexandria Louisiana I go to when I get a chance. They deal in model railroad stuff (N, HO, O, G) on the side. Sometimes I find some really good deals. Four Athearn BB F units (3 A's, 1 B) $10 each, Two MDC RS3's $7 each, a P2K E6 A-B set $45.

Makes me wonder, if i dont have to stock trains,does that mean Me owning a automotive business i can be a ATLAS 2 rail dealer?

Yes, anyone can be a dealer, just inquire with Atlas. Ask Josh, he's the expert here...

Back