Save money: Build your own Signals

A few years back, Ebay had some auctions from someone selling LED's 1000 for $15.
Sadly, none of us went and spent $60 or so on it!:(

Rex,
thanks for the info can you re-post the pictures they seem to be gone? or can you e-mail them to me

Thanks
Mike

Yeah Mike, I will get the photos back into the post. I guess something happened to the link when they upgraded the forum software. They are still in the photo gallery.

EDIT: Ok! revised the link and all is well. THANKS!

NOTE: I'm sure it goes without saying, but all the prices have changed since the original post. Still a bargain to do it yourself and you always have the
plus of knowing "I made those!". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fellows!
Once you get started building your signals, it will become easier as you progress from one to the next.

A great source for very thin wires is an unused turnout snap switch. The windings on the core are varnish coated wire and are much thinner than the insulation coated wires.

Yes, they are thinner (and cheaper), but would be a pain to select the right wire for the color when wiring to power; particularly under the layout. The 28awg teflon wires will feed fairly easy, if you don't get the wires twisted..

Last edited by a moderator:

Back