Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after my introductory post, I'm taking Willie's advice and popping my head in here to say G'day to my fellow modellers from country Victoria, Australia.

I'm only new here so go easy on me. It's just hitting 10pm on Monday evening and I'm on the laptop juggling work documents and researching US rail companies from the late 1990s. Guess which one is winning?

I hope you all have a great day over there in the US

Cheers,
Stephen
Welcome new meat always good ;)

Afternoon All,

Started out doing chores then worked on the layout for a bit. Tomorrow it's back out to Dad's.

Joe- Nice photo.

Guy- That loco looks like it's had serious use!

TomO- Congratulations on the MRH photos.

Willie- The building continues to look good. The house is in a town that has strict garbage pickup that means most of the "trash" comes back to my house since they'll pretty much pick up anything in my town. I was ready for the dumpster 3 weeks ago but the wife insists on giving away most of it. It has caused more than one disagreement and has significantly lengthened the process. I'm at the point I just want to be done and not have the house taking over my life. Can you tell I'm over it?

Garry- I'm very sorry to hear your news. Thankfully the defibrillator worked as it should. Prayers to you and your family.

Jaz- Nice photos. Is it what appears to be a crane in the last photo over a track with what appears to be no offload capability?View attachment 134176

The styrene is not glued down.

View attachment 134177

View attachment 134178

I hope everyone has a good night.
Oh blimey it wasn’t….I’ll go test it

Good morning global modelers and to Stephen, welcome aboard!

It was a chilly wake up this morning at 40f/4.4c. It is a beautiful clear sunny morning and the weather app claims mid 70/21.1 for today’s high. Should be nice when I ride the green goat to trim the grass. The color on the trees is changing and I asked Terry if she wants to do a scenic ride, nope.

Ramone’s is looking good WILLIE.

Enjoy the day
TomO

View attachment 134111
No no I loved that show….beep beep

Do I see knuckle couplers??
I think the original crappy ones which are replaced with Kaddees are ok both of us researched and put them up on uk sites …cross fingers…..although if you people pick up other concerns I am good as the more you find. Adult and I correct the more authentic it becomes :D
but not rolling stock ….I think I am having to make it more obvious the good thing is people have not noticed. It so it is not glaring……but eventually it will fall into place….sniggers….

I think the original crappy ones which are replaced with Kaddees are ok both of us researched and put them up on uk sites …cross fingers…..although if you people pick up other concerns I am good as the more you find. Adult and I correct the more authentic it becomes :D
but not rolling stock ….I think I am having to make it more obvious the good thing is people have not noticed. It so it is not glaring……but eventually it will fall into place….sniggers….
I do see something obvious, but I don’t know if that is what you are concerned about.

Not quite sure what to think . . . . . .

Wifeykins got a burr up her butt.

Scheduled a train excursion. Leaving St. Paul Minn Jan 02 for Chicago and then the Grand Canyon and back via the AMTRAK Southwest Chief! Includes a trip to the Grand Canyon via Grand Canyon Railway. Return to St. Paul Jan 09.

Pricey, like OMG pricey, but I will admit that it sounds like great fun!!

Thoughts?

Not quite sure what to think . . . . . .

Wifeykins got a burr up her butt.

Scheduled a train excursion. Leaving St. Paul Minn Jan 02 for Chicago and then the Grand Canyon and back via the AMTRAK Southwest Chief! Includes a trip to the Grand Canyon via Grand Canyon Railway. Return to St. Paul Jan 09.

Pricey, like OMG pricey, but I will admit that it sounds like great fun!!

Thoughts?
As long as omg pricey does not eat up all your reserves, and you are both up for it it sounds good to me,just remember
covid
price rises
let the kids earn their own way
you only live once
leave so me kitty. For emergencies

As info. I’m in the hospital. Yesterday my heart failure condition acted up. My heart quit beating two times, and my implanted defibrillator saved me. Don’t know when I we will get back here. Your friendship means a lot to me.
Omg I missed this until I saw the comments, hope they can get you better, how scary, makes a broken ankle look quite insignificant, look after your self we’ll be glad to see you when your up for it, drop in even if no modelling, if your up for it and can get the connection, get well soon..hug.

Good evening. I am still alive and busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I have been back and forth up to the northern part of the state trying to make a deal on a place to move to with my son plus trying to get my house sold.

Today was a sad day for me as I demolished the Logan Valley Railroad. I have a dumpster outside and have hired a crew to empty out the basement, including the entire train room.

thumbnail_20211020_140219.jpg
thumbnail_20211020_141407.jpg
thumbnail_20211020_164839.jpg
thumbnail_20211020_164845.jpg

It sure wasn't fun seeing 35 years of work end but I have to move on. I do have a lot of items that I was able to salvage so if anyone is interested, let me know.

A box of assorted pine trees.

thumbnail_20211020_145023.jpg

2 boxes of deciduous trees.

thumbnail_20211020_145036.jpg
thumbnail_20211020_145031.jpg

Lots of trees

There are around a hundred if not more freight cars, all with Kadee couplers and metal wheels, many of them lightly weathered and I had more vehicles that I thought. Lost count but well over 200 of them, all 1957 or older. If you have seen my layout photos, you will see that they are accurate quality vehicles.

thumbnail_20211020_165404.jpg

I have to get out of here. Been in the basement all day and the dogs are hungry. So am I.

Later

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211020_145028.jpg
    thumbnail_20211020_145028.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 72
Did you steer any GG-1's during your tenure? I'm not sure that I could run something without a joystick or wheel to maneuver?
They occasionally had a desire to steer themselves. Once, one picked a worn switchpoint. and decided to go between two tracks. What a pain in the arse they were to re-rail. I did occasionally pass through that location back in the day. mostly on Mail trains to Kearny. It was amazing how many tracks they managed to squeeze in there between the P&H Branch to the left, and the Greenville Branch to the right. In addition, there was the Anhaiser Bush Brewery squeezed between the Greenville Branch and US 1 and 9.

Garry: That is not good news...Hope they find the cause of the problem. Thankfully the technology worked. you're on the prayer list. Get well!

Curt: The crossing / parking lot is coming along just fine. There is a lot of stress that goes with handling a parents affairs. It's not easy for anyone.

We are in the process of moving the MIL from Long term care to Assisted Living. Seems like the facilities go out of their way to make the process more complex. Both sons have agreed to come up / down with their pickups to move her stuff from my garage to the Assisted Living Facility, once someone gives us a discharge / move in date. Next month, our involvement will reach six years from the MIL's "Incident".

Not for nothing, as long as your dad is ambulatory, and there are no other complications, he will do better staying with family. Try and get the best price for his house, as you may need the money for his care...I know this challenges one's patience...it literally wears ya down. Best of luck.

Willie: I Dullcote first, then weather. The washes and powders seem to attach themselves to the dullcote. Don't know how that will work for mortar lines. I don't understanding the Dullcote staining the roof like that. Hope things went well with the Infectious disease doctor.

The Install guy from Lowes came and installed our new Dishwasher today. Took about an hour. First use with the dinner dishes is ongoing. Nice and quiet. So far, so good.

Engine change at NK.jpg
Engine change at NK -1.jpg

Engine change at NK -2.jpg

In a scene dating back to the late 1950s, the three photo sequence shows the engine change between Hunter Interlocking (PRR) and NK (LV) in Newark, NJ. The Lehigh Valley train out of New York Penn Station, pulls up and cuts off, then runs into the clear. The Valley's PAs go against the train and couple up. Then after the brake test, the train departs for Allentown and Points West. Note the LV Drill on the track on the left. NK tower is to the left in the background. Note the back of the Public Service GM bus on the road to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back