Running Bear's Mid-June Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say the back scene needs some work lol
love the weathering
excellent reference
This is the reason why i preffer to go train chasing on CSX, that NS black does get old after a while. If they did the stripes in yellow and maybe do a red border around the horse, that would deffinitely add more photographic interest and woul be somewhat reminiscent of Virginian paint scheme-much more pleasant to the eye.

Yes I believe you’re right about the ALP46. One of the NJ locomotives was based on the BR101, which is the premier long distance intercity passenger locomotive in Germany.

I don’t have any steam but I do go back to the original E10 and stuff from the 1950s though most of my stuff is the later BR110/112/113 and also BR103 and other 1970s-1990s plus modern era. (E10 was renamed BR110 and BR112/113 are later versions of the same series). I lived in Germany 86-87 and also 91-93 and in the 80s rode a lot of trains so most of what I am interested in are the ones I saw and rode regularly plus modern era because I’d like to go back and they are cool.

same with Japan. No steam but we go to Japan about every other year and have ridden a ton of trains there so I have stuff from when we started going to Japan plus a few earlier things that might still have been found at the end of their lives or things my wife would have ridden when she was growing up there.

I don’t really have a connection to US railways much which is why I don’t have much. We do have UP freight so I have few things for that and we have our heavy rail commuter rail UTA FrontRunner and KATO did a custom shop version of the locomotive for that and Athearn did UTA FrontRummer double recket passenger cars at one time so if I find them I’d pick them up as we see them though I’ve not ridden them.
I really like the German electrics from that era-1970s-90s. That E03, later 103 is just beautifull to look at. Never seen one live. Also like the 111 and i admit E10 family is great looking electrics.
From Japanese stuff i've seen Mitsubishi 269 on RENFE in Spain, but my absolute favorites are the RENFE 251 based on JNR EF66. Only seen two of those 251, but recognized japanese styling right away.

I really like the German electrics from that era-1970s-90s. That E03, later 103 is just beautifull to look at. Never seen one live. Also like the 111 and i admit E10 family is great looking electrics.
From Japanese stuff i've seen Mitsubishi 269 on RENFE in Spain, but my absolute favorites are the RENFE 251 based on JNR EF66. Only seen two of those 251, but recognized japanese styling right away.
I've not seen the Spanish RENFE version in person (I've seen pics) but have seen EF66 (both old and new body style) in Japan. I have the new EF66 body style from KATO.

I have more E10/BR110/BR112/BR113 than you can shake a stick at. It was what we usually had when we traveled. I've seen the BR103 (E03) many times and probably even been on an express or two with them. They are nice. I have a couple used Fleischmann with the cream and red and one newer (1990s) of the darker red they used then version.

I'll try and find my pics.

My all time favorite EMU is the JR 103...

I've not seen the Spanish RENFE version in person (I've seen pics) but have seen EF66 (both old and new body style) in Japan. I have the new EF66 body style from KATO.

I have more E10/BR110/BR112/BR113 than you can shake a stick at. It was what we usually had when we traveled. I've seen the BR103 (E03) many times and probably even been on an express or two with them. They are nice. I have a couple used Fleischmann with the cream and red and one newer (1990s) of the darker red they used then version.

I'll try and find my pics.

My all time favorite EMU is the JR 103...
I definitely preffer the original style EF66, some other railfan on different forum likened it to Chevy Impala from 1960s, with chrome details on that nose. I like that comparison. Not sure if i know what the JR103 is, will have to search for picture.

Mom doing well. Talked her into try Culver's as there's one a few miles from her care home. She liked it.

Made it home safe and going shortly to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Took a live quiz yesterday and got 10 for 10 on Indiana Jones trivia.

Have a good night.

Mom doing well. Talked her into try Culver's as there's one a few miles from her care home. She liked it.

Made it home safe and going shortly to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Took a live quiz yesterday and got 10 for 10 on Indiana Jones trivia.

Have a good night.
Hopefully it wount be as idiotic as the last Star Wars, where they just had to stick in purple haired strong independent woman to run out of options:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back