Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1584390212917.jpg

Good evening. We're home, after being caught in the hospital's NBC lockdown, and having a series of bad decisions and actions inflicted on us.
We're still waiting for oxygen to be delivered, with about two hours' reserve remaining.

That's not good, predictable, but still stressful. Is oxygen something new, or do you have a regular supplier? That commodity is literally critical. Breathing is important!

That's not good, predictable, but still stressful. Is oxygen something new, or do you have a regular supplier? That commodity is literally critical. Breathing is important!
She was on oxygen previously, and we had even gotten a portable concentrator, but after about six months or so, she was taken off it. Now, two years later, she's back on it again. And of course the old one we have won't work any more. It looks like mice ate the wiring.
We finally got a machine here with about 30 minutes to spare, before the temp tank ran out. I'm not going to buy another one until I'm sure it's going to be a permanent thing.

Good evening .

Sad. A neighbor and very good friend of ours died this morning. He had knee replacement surgery a few days ago. Next, he had a major stroke. This morning he passed away. His wife is a very nice person, and we know she is hurting very deeply. This is a close knit group of people here at the lake, and each of us is devastated.

Good night.

Snail mail came this afternoon.....got a trio of GBW box cars that I have been looking for.....one of them has a logo "Home of the Packers" really cool. I am a die hard Packer fan :) All different road numbers. I still like my BB Athearns, Roundhouse and other kits. These were all Roundhouse.

Attachments

• 20200321_033712.jpg
    20200321_033712.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200321_033722.jpg
    20200321_033722.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20200321_033728.jpg
    20200321_033728.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 129
One of the new Roundhouse MRL GP35's came up in my ebay search email, new DC/DCC ready @ US $99.99, which is the same as MTStuff sold them at. Alongside was the AU conversion, $170.55. Shipping and taxes extra. Ouch!!
There are definitely deals to be had out there. I picked up this Genesis GP-38-2 for $104.95 off of e-Bay. It's a DC/DCC ready version. It'll eventually get sound, but not for a while. I haven't done anything with it yet except drop in a Lok Pilot decoder (21 pin board) that I had on hand and get rid of those *&%#ing plastic couplers. This one will be the last purchase for a while. The coming apocalypse has cause a pretty severe slow down in my business. There's still plenty of work to do, but business spending for the moment is down, so mine will have to follow. Guess it's time to build a few kits!
GP38-2.jpg

OLD SOUTHERN SAYING- Worry is just interest paid in advance for a debt you will probably never owe.

This may be applicable to the current COVID 19 situation in the US. Unless you are exposed, be concerned but try not to worry too much.
Mikey! Kudos to you for staying awake that late! I barely make it past 10 PM these days.

Good Morning, everyone! Up early today for coffee because I had to send the wife off for work. I feel like a gigolo staying home while she goes to work, but then again, she is 14yrs my younger. That makes her the bread winner, and me the house #itch.
It looks like its a bit warmer today, at -12C. As the wife says, though, "don't count your chicks", because another mini-blizzard is supposed to be blowing in for the week coming.

James - I like the color of you're new Green Bay Packer freight cars. The CN freight cars that pass through our town all seem to be mostly a rusty, barn red splattered with a poor grade of graffito.

Alan - That GP-38 is a very nice looking locomotive. I think you picked it up at a very fair price, indeed.

I don't type in all your names, but, I want you to know that I appreciate the likes I get on my simple posts. I suspect you like the prototype photos I try to include, when available. I'm all out of prototype shots right now, except for much the same ones at different angles. I'll have to go for another walk soon, and get some more. It should be ok, as I'm always alone and well away from people when I walk.

Yesterday was a home alone day. So I pulled out a slab of 1/16" balsa and began cutting the pieces for an HO 2-car garage. I have plans from ScaleModelPlans.com. Although I've purchased some Tichy windows and doors, everything else used for construction will come from things on hand.
I've still got a pile of balsa, left over from my R/C days.
Here's some photos from yesterday's efforts:
Garage_03-21-2020 (2).JPG

Vehicles do fit in, and there is lots of room for a future work bench. I'm building this for my future layout. The garage is from an actual memory from my childhood, when a few of the older kids started the 'NOVED' hot-rod club, and were using a garage as there club-house. Noved is the name of my hometown, spelled backwards.
Garage_03-21-2020 (3).JPG

I did build one simple building for the g-kids layout, but, I'm trying to make this new building a bit more professional. The Tichy windows and doors are far better than my handmade ones.
Garage_03-21-2020 (4).JPG

Anyway, I will be working on that a bit, on this fine Saturday. I have to consider what I'm going to use for siding, and find something suitable. The roofing will most likely be sand-paper. And I have lots of paint and weathering materials.

The only thing I don't have, is spackle. I'll have to run out for some spackle to fill in that wood grain. Windows aren't glued in yet.

All have a great day!!
Guy

Good morning. It's cloudy and 63.
After getting my wife settled in at the house, I had to mow the lawn. It's not the earliest I've done that here, but the first time I've done it because the lawn needed it. Usually, I've been addressing the dead leaves that were laying around from the last time I mowed the lawn in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back