Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning +3 degrees to start off the day. Very light snow apparently fell all night but only accumulated a couple of inches.

Terry - Sure hoping that the hospital can get your wife on the road to recovery soon. Prayers for her and you.

Guy - Waiting to see the finished rock face.

IBKen - Happy that you are all stocked up. I, like you, am not at all worried about the virace even though I do fall in the age bracket for people in the most danger. I have no medical problem and just sit around laughing at the panic. My wife said that the shelves in the grocery stores looked like there was a hurricane approaching.

Greg - That's a sweet looking switcher. A bit cleaner than some that you've posted.

Willie - Nice photos. I really like the latest releases from Oxford Die Casts but some are just a bit too modern for me.

Beady - Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled.

89799079_3669479569793083_7743669483130060800_n.jpg

I did get down into the train room for a while and finally got to run some trains. It has been a while. Ran a couple of RS units around for a bit with a track cleaning cars as it has been a while since trains were run and the rails were a bit dusty. Did some switching for a while and after that I pulled the little prairie out of the roundhouse that I will probably run today.

thumbnail_20200314_135415.jpg

thumbnail_20200314_134316.jpg

Later

Chet: Great photos as always. Does the Prairie have driver or tender electrical pickup or both with pickups? Grat shot of the turntable.

Thanks about the comment about the SOO switcher, I want to order the MILW version as well. The reviews of them are very positive. I'll order the DCC sound version of each.

1584287564317.png

I like switchers and this model is an classic example of a MILW switcher in action.-Greg

I like SoundTraxx's view on the Corona Virus:

Keep Calm and Play with Trains.

That's all.....

Greg

#################

Good Day (If you can call it that?) ... Still overcast with a temp of 58 - supposed to be 62. Calling for scattered showers - nah - doesn't look like it?
OK - TERRY - I hope that things are better today? Yes, that phone call would tend to be somewhat unnerving to say the least.
Willie - Adding an ant hill is too much - I saw it in the photo before you mentioned it, but I thought maybe a prairie dog mound. Speaking of that - you could add a hornets nest under the edge of the barns roof? What kind of dog is the Grand Dog ... got a pic for us.
JOE .. I always enjoy your pic. Liked the one of the cab units clustered around the gas pumps.
GUY - My hats off to you living with those temps. What week will your summer be this year? Humph .. 18C in my head works out to be about 65F? Any less than that and I am freezing out here?
Beady .. I had an Aunt who finally went at 103. She was probably the most religious person that I have known - firmly believed in an afterlife - and she was afraid of dying! I never could understand that!

Time for vittles: FLO - toss me some pancakes with a stack of sausage ... that'l get me started!

GREG - Sorry to have overlooked a couple of your photos. No one can say that they can't see that SOO switcher coming at them ... WOW that is bright!
Always liked the Milwaukee Orange color .. I wanted a Milwaukee Geep from Lionel when I was a kid. Still would like to get one.

JUSTIN -- My apologies - did not mean to over look your posts ... I remember looking over, taking it out of the display case, and ogling over that "Greenbrier" when the LHS got one in brass back in the 60's. It was a real beauty!
Gorgeous locomotive!

IBKen - Happy that you are all stocked up. I, like you, am not at all worried about the virace even though I do fall in the age bracket for people in the most danger. I have no medical problem and just sit around laughing at the panic. My wife said that the shelves in the grocery stores looked like there was a hurricane approaching.
We just went grocery shopping. The parking lot looked normal, but inside was a different story (this includes the pet food section). The wife did manage to scarf the last 12-pack of toilet paper, just 'cause, but the truck was unloading in the back.
20200315_124014.jpg
20200315_120621.jpg
20200315_120711.jpg
20200315_123654.jpg
20200315_120643.jpg
20200315_121147.jpg
20200315_124014.jpg
20200315_120711.jpg
20200315_123654.jpg
20200315_120643.jpg
20200315_121147.jpg
20200315_122258.jpg
20200315_122626.jpg
20200315_120812.jpg

Good afternoon gang!
Flo, how about a cheesesteak sub and some onion rings, oh and some lemon meringue pie!
Not much going on here, heading down the basement soon to hopefully put a few projects to rest, the help the wife set up her temporary office in the spare bedroom. There's a big antique roll top desk in there that ought to work just fine!
She's putting together a grocery list now, we'll see how successful this is.

Stay home and play with trains!
Train & Girl.jpg

Good day gentlemen
2" of rain here since yesterday morning and 5' of snow expected on Donner Pass by tomorrow morning. Great for the skiiers but the ski resorts are closing because of some virus going around (or rumors of it). Went up the hill to Grass Valley this morning to get my wallet that I left in the truck Fri pm so we dropped by the grocery store for a few items. No crowds at all and a few empty shelves, but GV is a town of 12K and it was raining hard. HOWEVER, the wifes humming birds must have been flying over the Costcos down in the valley and figgered they should get in on the act.
IMG_4460.JPG

Not much going on in the train room, too cold and noisy from the rain. Time to just read about trains...…...with some hot chocolate and schnapps.

Beady - Totally rediculous. I have a hard time understanding why so many people have gone off the deep end. We (my wife) only goes grocery shopping once a week plus we usually buy many items in bulk to save a few bucks so we for the most part could get by for a long time not needing to join the lemmings.

89833226_683165922451436_1500758570763812864_o.jpg

Last edited:
Brief sight outage coming soon.

In anticipation of the increased website traffic due to so many events being cancelled, schools closed, people working from home, I'm updating the forum to the latest version of the software as well as adjusting a few settings. The outage will probably take a couple hours at most.

View attachment 45167
Bob, thanks for letting us know. Now, I'll know it's supposed to be not working, rather than the hospital wifi...

Bob- Your update was well timed. I just finished a short nap.
The only thing train related done today was the set up of a spreadsheet on my computer of an inventory sheet for the club's recent equipment.
I'm not really looking forward to filling in the blanks.

OLD SOUTHERN SAYING- When driving, be sure to watch after the car that's in front of the car behind you.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores this morning then SIL came over and we spent 4 hours refurbing the back door to the pool deck.

Justin- Nice Meme's.

Ken- I hope your family members are able to remain healthy.

Willie- Nice looking purchases and layout scenes.

Joe- Nice photos.

Chet- Nice layout photos.

Greg- Nice looking switcher.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back