Running Bear's July 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again from the same hospital bed. Upper GI was inconclusive although, it did come out well. Still can't type on this thing. Staying another day for a colonoscophy tomorrow. No more internal bleeding yet. Be back soon.
Willie, I hope they sort this out and get you home soon!

On the bright side. The MLB All Star game is on FOX tonight. ;) It's the ultimate reality TV! Without all the whining and annoying people.
I watched the 1991 MLB All Star game in a hospital bed. Baltimore's own Cal Ripken had two hits, including a homerun and drove in three runs. He was the game's MVP. He didn't say so, but he did it for me. :)

There is five Texas Rangers in the starting lineup. (that's a lot!) One may rise and win the MVP for you.

I'll see your cookies, and put them up against Berger cookies any day of the week!
cmrni1no.jpg

I'm sure Louis has enjoyed these before, since they are made in Baltimore. Oh that light cookie smothered in fudgy goodness! 😋
Berger cookies are the best cookie money can buy!

Willie, the pool and the lap pool are new and were both filled June 21st for the 1st time. On Monday the inspector approved them. I have been circulating the water through the pool systems solar panels to get the water temperatures up from the initial 58f degrees. Because of the smoke haze we had for a couple weeks we didn’t see the sun. Both the lap pool and the swimming pool are connected to the solar panels but are separate units and have independent filtration systems. The solar panels also have 3 filters. After the granddaughter leaves on Monday I will need to clean out the filters on the solar system and have the designer of the system come over. We used 3 tanker trucks of water purchased at a local cheese factory. Either the main filtration system isn’t very efficient or the water was really bad. I am pretty sure it’s the systems. Twice last week and thankfully before the inspection the system tripped breakers. It happened again yesterday. I cleaned the filters and reset and things were fine. But, they are supposed to be automatic self cleaning filters. It’s a salt water system, using a 1000# of water softener salt filtering tank. I had to replace in the past joint pool and lap pool, 40-50#’s a month. This lap pool is 1/2 what I had previously, so the monthly replacement should be less. But because these are separate pools we will find out what the monthly replacement rates will be. The pool because the solar panels should be useable into mid October instead of mid-September if we were lucky. The lap pool once it is enclosed is year round of course. But I like to swim in 70+ degree waters, that’s why the solar panels circulating water where installed. The heaters used in previous pools really were energy users as they seemed to run constantly.
Tom have a question about the salt water system You say "It’s a salt water system, using a 1000# of water softener salt filtering tank. I had to replace in the past joint pool and lap pool, 40-50#’s a month." How does that work I didn't think you could use water softener salt in a pool
Just curious a friend is putting in a new pool and is looking into the salt water stuff

Bob, how is Rocky doing today?

My late Dalmatian, Mickey broke a K9 tooth chewing on a big rawhide bone. He required surgery. He would only eat American cheese for almost a week.
Thanks for asking! He’s doing really well. When he meows it must feel funny because he starts licking his mouth. He’s eating and drinking lots of water too. Just gave him his last dose of pain meds. He’s feeling good.
IMG_7011.jpeg

Tom have a question about the salt water system You say "It’s a salt water system, using a 1000# of water softener salt filtering tank. I had to replace in the past joint pool and lap pool, 40-50#’s a month." How does that work I didn't think you could use water softener salt in a pool
Just curious a friend is putting in a new pool and is looking into the salt water stuff
There is something called a salt chlorine generator. It is inline after the salt holding tank and filters into the pool. I have used water softener salt on 2 pools now and haven’t had any issues. It is Solar salt and the same stuff I buy for the softener. I know the salt chlorine generator cost around $3000 plus install, but after a few seasons the savings generated over liquid chlorine start to turn. Remember the lap pool is used all year. The generator is supposed to last around 9 years but we haven’t been at a place that long. 3 years on the first pool. Salt water is corrosive so no metal in the pool and the ladders we have are extruded plastic. There are no lights inside either the lap pool or play pool.

Almost all the pool install people around here when doing the quote recommended the salt water for my lap pool. It is tested on Tuesdays and Fridays for chemical balance.

Edit. now you got me researching! I can’t link the article but here’s a screen shot of the page you can find the answer about using water softener Solar salt in a swimming pool. Short answer Solar salt for a water softener is ok in the pool

IMG_0532.png

Last edited:
had a bunch of fun with the game tonight. My dwarves, and their angry badgers didn't care what the halflings were cooking.

Unfortunately, the dwarves ate a lot of soup, and none of it good...

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 10.09.04 PM.png

the table after my first move

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 10.10.31 PM.png

Dwarf berserkers charge the halfling chefs

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 10.11.16 PM.png

The Ironguards take on the walking soup cannon... and it turned into a mushy slog as soup was squirted, and dwarves started to rus...

Unfortunately, the dwarves were overwhelmed in the end...

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 10.11.33 PM.png

The little halfling backstabbers charged in

Good afternoon from hospital bed somewhere in Texas. Went to the ER at 2000 last night with chest pain
Moved to another location at 0400 this morning. Good news is it's not a heart attack. Bad news is that I'm still here. Suspected bleeding ulcer. I was given 2 liters of blood. Upper GI tomorrow.
Can't type on this small keyboard. Will update when I get home.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Willie. Being in any Hospital,is no fun period. When you get,home,Don't rush your recovery,just take it easy,and play Trains. William.

Well howdy there internet peeps, and those waiting to hear about Willie's caboose.

Hoping all comes out in the end. It could be a real bumm-er... :p

I hope the ward for the scope isn't too backed up today... :rolleyes:

And I'm out of puns! Hang in there, Willie!

Speaking of medical stuff, got my labs back. For once I'm not too shabby. The only complaint is my BMI (Body Mass Index).

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 6.09.27 AM.png

My H-A1C was 5.2

All results with a 12-hour fast.

For once I qualify for the health insurance healthy discount, getting 4/5 of the possible qualifications (3 needed). Wife has two... and she's healthier than I am, but she doesn't want to get on statins, and her BP is a tad high. But her BMI is very good.

Starting to figure out the next book to write. The little town of St. Maurice is about to have its municipal elections. And then the body is found.... Hmmmm.... who dunnit? And how? And why?

Good morning gang!

FLO, can we get 2 eggs over easy, toast, bacon and scrapple.

74° and sunny today, heading to 90° with 70% humidity. Hot but not hateful!

Last night was aggravating. Was working on the Micro Engineering bridge sections last nights when butterfingers me dropped the main structure off the bench and sent it crashing to the floor. :mad: Spent the next hour reassembling the 3 sections before placing it in clamps and letting it set up overnight. A quick check before work found a few still loose joints, so more liquid cement and clamps til tonight. 2 steps up, one step back, story of my life!!

Willie I hope Nurse Rachet sends you home soon!

BBL

Good morning gang!

FLO, can we get 2 eggs over easy, toast, bacon and scrapple.

74° and sunny today, heading to 90° with 70% humidity. Hot but not hateful!

Last night was aggravating. Was working on the Micro Engineering bridge sections last nights when butterfingers me dropped the main structure off the bench and sent it crashing to the floor. :mad: Spent the next hour reassembling the 3 sections before placing it in clamps and letting it set up overnight. A quick check before work found a few still loose joints, so more liquid cement and clamps til tonight. 2 steps up, one step back, story of my life!!

Willie I hope Nurse Rachet sends you home soon!

BBL
Not sure if i should respond with "sad" or "funny".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back