Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, TERRY! Do you need a "handout"? You must be desperate?
The Spousal Unit will have a cup every now and them -- For myself -- the shelves would have to be bare!
I only eat lunch at home on my days off. It's taken 4 years of days off to go through the noodles. Now I can start on the canned pasta I have. If my wife was still alive, she would have eaten this stuff daily, and it would have been gone long ago.

As for being desperate, I thought my days of bachelor frugality were behind me, until I moved here, and found out things are not as they were when we moved away, and the entity that hired me was slightly less than forthcoming with info I needed.

Last edited:
Here it's half past noon (12:30pm for you youngsters) on Sunday (Eastern Time, is there any other? 🤪) And I still must wait four hours for the NFL Playoff Football game!

Here I sit, relaxing, at my desk with my old Beagle Tucker by my side. I've been reading about trains and reviewing the history of this afternoon's legendary match up, Green Bay @ Dallas. This is exciting stuff! These two teams have played eight playoff games. Each having won four. The games the Packers have won have all been decided by one score or less. The Cowboys wins have all been decisive with the Cowboys winning by ten or more points. In 1994 the Cowboys opened a can of whop ass winning 35-9! What does any of this mean for today's game? The answer is nothing! Sports history is meaningless to today's games, but it is fun!
  • 1966 NFL Championship Game (January 1, 1967): The Packers won with a score of 34-27
  • 1967 NFL Championship Game (December 31, 1967): The Packers won with a score of 21-17
  • 1982 NFC Divisional Playoff Game (January 16, 1983): The Cowboys won with a score of 37-26
  • 1993 NFC Divisional Playoff Game (January 16, 1994): The Cowboys won with a score of 27-17
  • 1994 NFC Divisional Playoff Game (January 8, 1995): The Cowboys won with a score of 35-9
  • 1995 NFC Championship Game (January 14, 1996): The Cowboys won with a score of 38-27
  • 2014 NFC Divisional Playoff Game (January 11, 2015): The Packers won with a score of 26-21
  • 2017 NFC Divisional Playoff Game (January 15, 2017): The Packers won with a score of 34-31
I don't know what to expect from today's game. Both the Cowboys and the Packers have been inconsistent. At times they look like world beaters, other times, not so much. Both teams have numerous injuries. This game could come down to roster depth.

As an old Baltimore Colt fan, I don't like either of these teams. I like the Packers a lot less than the Cowboys. I grew up hearing and reading about the 1965 NFL Western Conference playoff game between the Green Bay Packers and the Baltimore Colts and the controversial (he missed it) field goal that tied the game and sent it into overtime. I watched the game, but I was too young to remember. Don Chandler of the Packers made (he missed it) the kick with only 1:58 remaining in the game. The kick was highly suspect as it appeared to veer to the right (it did) before going over the crossbar. It became one of the most talked about incidents in Baltimore sports history. The Colts lost the game in overtime, and the Packers went on to win the championship. The controversy never lifted until Chandler finally admitted that the ball was definitely outside the post (he missed it). Chalk another one up to the part-time refs of the NFL.

Somebody say, "Play Ball" for God's sake! Oh, wait that's baseball, never mind, I'll just have to wait.

Last edited:
Somebody say, "Play Ball" for God's sake! Oh, wait that's baseball, never mind, I'll just have to wait.
Wont be long!

Spring training is just around the corner!

1705254043692.png

Mike . Love the saying you have

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.
- Admiral Grace Hopper

My daughter and SiL lived in New York for a little while. Now they have two children I hear indirectly they want to go back to the U.S.A. (permanently).

If they did I know Dawn would be very upset (as I would, but not as much). I believe 'If the opportunity arises, grab it with both arms'.

We shall see what transpires.

Back in early 2020, I purchased several multi-packs of ramen noodles, with the thought if my wife and I got a bout of covid, they would be easy to make, and help keep us hydrated.
Today, almost 4 years later, I am eating the last pack of ramen noodles for lunch.
Terry: Those things we stock up on. Very easy to make a quick lunch/snack with. Put small chunks of ( pick your fav meat and veggies ) in just before done cooking and WaaLaa Oriental soup. We buy the BIG boxes of them; Chicken, Pork and Beef flavor. Oh, and remember to add you favorite spices too as sometimes they are lacking.

Later

(Not) Much Appreciated.

Mindst' you can tell the grandchildren many a story of being in the snow.
We had ice, rolling blackouts, and very windy. A very good friend was about to step on the top step of the staircase leading to his bedroom when the lights went out from a rolling blackout. He said he came down the steps a lot faster than he went up them. And a couple of years later, he succumbed to complications from his injury. He had diabetes, the break never healed, and he just deteriorated almost daily.
Now y'all know why I remember when the last time we had snow was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back