Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening,

Terry- I really hope the new job works out for you.

I recieved this kit in the mail today.

20240213_184400.jpg

Good evening. It's cloudy and 56.
I took the drug test, and had a typical Monday for the rest of the day.
When I got home a few minutes ago, I had gotten an email from the new company's recruiter. Before I panic, I'm going to call the place tomorrow to confirm what he told me. Supposedly, I will get an email Friday sometime, letting me know where I am supposed to report for work. I am not allowed to bring my tools until Monday morning when I report for work, and am not to actually put them in the building until I'm officially hired, with real paperwork. Aside from the unsettling felling I get from that, I need to have my tools out of where I am no later than Saturday. I can't imagine I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have a place to store his tools except at work, and will need to rent a truck to move them.
So, if I do things his way, I will have to rent a truck for Saturday, find a storage locker, rent that for a month, move the tools there, unload them, return the truck, rent a truck again Monday, and move my tools from the storage to the new place, then return the truck to where I rented it, before I can begin work.
I really hope this is a case of "Ivory Tower Syndrome"...
Most firms nowadays make you do an "Orientation Day", just to show you where stuff is, introduce you to the managers, supervisors etc.
Although it's a pain regarding where to store all your tools, I'm sure when you explain everything they'll allow you to store them on their premises, this must have happened before when they hired a new guy. Is there anywhere else you could store the tools for a few days if they insist on you not bringing them with you, a friend's garage or lock-up maybe ?

Good Morning!

Boys, do I ever hate Valentines Day. It's about as useless an idea as April Fools.
I mean, she married me. Shouldn't that be enough! - Apparently not. She's been hinting that she wants some flowers.
Leave her some flowers and a piece of chocolate somewhere where she'll find them.
Tell her you forgot about the day.
Write a note in the tiniest handwriting possible.
Have it signed by the guys of your model railroad.

Having A Rant.

I ordered 3 passenger car interiors from Gold Rush Bay in mid January, I finally got an email to say they were being shipped on the 2nd February and gave me a tracking No. for USPS, according to USPS they are still waiting for my shipment, I've tried emailing GRB but get sod all reply, I'm giving it another week, if those items aren't on the way they can sod off and give me my money back.:mad::mad:

Last edited:
Well, howdy there internet MRR Peeps and those who remembered today is get flowers and a card day...

424638638_2314801428728870_6109977271913768131_n.jpg

Went to see mom yesterday. Took her to the doc for a follow post hospital visit last week. Her heart doc had been trying to reduce her two water pills. But the fluid buildup that put her in the hospital changed that plan. Back to both pills, 1/day.

Took her out for a burger at culvers. I snuck her one small onion ring from my stash (low sodium diet). As I took my trash to the bin, and got a refill on my iced tea, she poked me and said "Ice Cream"

She made me get some...

ice cream.jpg

she wanted a scoop with caramel sauce. So the mixer with the cookie dough was for me. Mom said I could have some ice cream. Right?

Nothing new on the train front. I'll try to work on getting the foam risers glued down this week. Maybe. Too much other stuff going on. Like smoking meat!

Going to do up a poor man's brisket today. Bought a chuck roast yesterday at the grocery. I need to get that out and seasoned up soon. I plan on starting the cook about 10am.

More pics from the grill to be posted, as warranted, throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back