Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
These depots were common along CN tracks out west.
McLeod, There is a man on the platform. Giving him 1,75 - 1,85 m you can estimate the real height of the building. There might be some drawings in the internet of a depot like that. But don't worry, this will be Your depot!
I have an official drawing of the building I make. And still will do some (many) simplifications.
Just tried the foam-brick method. Still have to paint and weather it, but can't find the cans and bottles of paint.
Not sure if it is right for a normal building. But the method works well for an older one it seems.

Attachments

• brickwall H0.jpg
    brickwall H0.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 17
Good Morning All! 33 here in the frozen tundra, with snow returning this afternoon, however briefly. The weather guesser says we'll get into the sixties next week so the roller coaster weather continues. On a personal front, I met with my medical team. Looks like another surgery to clean things up. It's been caught early, is small, and hasn't spread, that's the good news. It's in a spot that's tough to get to. My surgeon calls it "Tiger Country". He does lots of these though, so I'm not worried. Last time around was lots more involved. No date yet, but soon. I may go quiet for a while, as there are things to do as I get ready.
Alan-My thoughts and prayers are with you as well!

Good morning from a cooling down So. Central Wisconsin. High yesterday was the projected 59. Today it should be 47 but that’s 12-15 degrees higher than the forecast issued Monday. It looks very bright and clear out the windows.

Hockey on campus tonight with most of the day before that being spent at the weathering bench. 4 boxes of reefers are here and spent from 6am to now opening and inspecting each car. Next up is a mild cleaning.

enjoy the day

Morning folks -- 47 degrees going to 75 with mostly sunny.
Going to the APPLE Store and see if I can get in and see what they can tell me.
I feel pretty good this morning - we will see how the day progresses.

ALAN - thinking of you with a prayer. Don't need anyone else in this leaky boat with me. -- fukin cancer!
Sherrel, I do hope the problems for you (and all the other members here) are over and we can have a drink on life!

Good evening all. The rain that was forecast has kept away.

Oldest grandson has arrived and is staying the night. Will we have pizza or jacket potatoes for dinner?

Sherrel & Alan. Stay positive. Our thoughts & prayers to you both.

In1999 our son had the dreaded C. A difficult battle, but came out on the right side.

Morning folks

Sunshine lollipops and rainbows, well maybe not the latter two. Geeze is that dredging up the long and thankfully past----- 39F and forecast high in the low 40's but I'm guessing we will best that. The lawn is again re-emerging in front of the house in never before this year observed phenomena.

My wife greeted me from the floor yesterday when I returned home from Costco, with the pulled over kitchen island stool lying beside her. Fortunately, minimal damage to her and limited floor time.

I received my order from Walther's yesterday with way too many $ worth of model railroad paint and may have to see if I can still run the airbrush. A while back, I purchased MicroMark's paint shaker and it actually works pretty well with 25 year old Scalecoat and Floquil, less so with PolyS.

Best wishes Sherrel and Alan!

Amazon Driver
He rang our house telephone. Dawn answered. He said he was outside our house with a parcel and why was nobody answering?
I went outside. I eventually found the Amazon driver at another address. Said driver then began to give me a 'telling off' for not been at the house he was at? Dipstick!!!

Even though the calibre of the Panther's gun was 7.5cm compared to the Tiger's dreaded 8.8 Flak shell, there are a number of reasons the Tiger is more popular:

1. The Tiger was in the war earlier, and developed a reputation. "Tiger Fear" was a real syndrome amongst allied tankers.

And the PZ IV Aus H onward had a similar silhouette to the Tiger 1. There were a LOT of "Tiger Kills" called in by Allied Tank Commanders that were really PZ IVs. The Tiger reputation was one that everyone on the allies side wanted a piece of a Tiger Kill.

2. The Panther was created for the Eastern front. T-34s were kicking butt over there. The Aus D variant hit production before the eventual popular choice of the Aus A. But the D was a rush job and kept breaking down at their first real battle in Kursk.

The Panther had most of it's armour up front, with weaker sides/rear/top than the Tiger.

3. The shells fired were about the same size (length), but the Panther's gun was better on penetration. Sill the 8.8 gun was good at making tanks go boom. The Panther's gun made tanks go boom slightly easier. But we're not talking about a real game changer.

4. The Panther was more nimble than the Tiger. Higher speed even though it had the same engine as the Tiger 1. But it could really take a hit on it's front armour. the sides, not so much.
In the Battle of Kursk, a Tiger tank survived 252 hits of anti-tank rounds. Including 11, 76.2mm anti-tank rounds. After all that damage it was no longer able to fight. But it managed to retreat under its own power nearly 37 miles to safety. It was eventually sent back to Germany and repaired. Later it was used for training tank gunners.

Many other Tiger tanks were not destroyed by the Russian T-34 tanks. The Russians tanks rammed many Tigers to disable them.

"Tiger Fear" was more than real, it was justified.

As I understand the only restored to running condition Tiger is in the British Tank Museum.

The Tiger may not have been the best use of Germany's limited resources, but it was a fearsome beast!

Amazon Driver
He rang our house telephone. Dawn answered. He said he was outside our house with a parcel and why was nobody answering?
I went outside. I eventually found the Amazon driver at another address. Said driver then began to give me a 'telling off' for not been at the house he was at? Dipstick!!!
You should report him to Amazon, let Dawn handle it. That "dipstick" needs to be terminated!

In the Battle of Kursk, a Tiger tank survived 252 hits of anti-tank rounds. Including 11, 76.2mm anti-tank rounds. After all that damage it was no longer able to fight. But it managed to retreat under its own power nearly 37 miles to safety. It was eventually sent back to Germany and repaired. Later it was used for training tank gunners.

Many other Tiger tanks were not destroyed by the Russian T-34 tanks. The Russians tanks rammed many Tigers to disable them.

"Tiger Fear" was more than real, it was justified.

As I understand the only restored to running condition Tiger is in the British Tank Museum.

The Tiger may not have been the best use of Germany's limited resources, but it was a fearsome beast!
Tanks

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpeg
    IMG_1756.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2161.jpeg
    IMG_2161.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back