Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see how shipping a compressor is costly.

I operate the same way, if there are issues I caused I will eat the return fees.

There was a time the USPS fixed rate boxes were a good deal and the boxes were/still are free. When USPS eliminated the shoebox flat rate around Covid that’s when I really had to be careful about shipping. Then they eliminated the regional fee rates. A 16x6x6 corrugated long box today is $1.04 each in orders of 50. It was $.58 each in lots of 25 last July. Tape is up and I am working on that now.

Looks like I am heading back to using I uline.com. I dropped them a few years ago for a couple reasons. They discontinued my discounts and my sister in law is a general manager there and she has given Terry lots of personal grief the last few years. But, business is business…
Let me know what you find.

I'm at the point that I'm about to start shipping signed paperbacks by the author from my webstore. But ONLY to the USA. I can do one or two books in bubble envelopes, but more than that and I should do a box. Knowing how the posties like to bend stuff, I should do 1 book in a box, but...

My books are 6x9 inches, and two books are about an inch high.

My pre-order of the ScaleTrain reefers has been shipped. I am really looking foward to these. A first for me. Every one of my weathering commissions for these cars paid for the car in the last 5 days, no back outs! When the weathering is completed I will bill that out. These are big cars at 82’ and except for graffiti are fairly clean big white moving billboards. I will apply a matte clear coat to kill the shine and a light grime coat with a touch of kick up spray. Then add the graffiti…
Mine according to USPS will hit my door tomorrow morning, looking forward to these as well! Had lost hope we would ever see these cars done, and cant believe I will finally have these on the layout tomorrow.

I hope you show the weathering process for these in the weathering thread. Cant wait to see what you do with these cars.

Mine according to USPS will hit my door tomorrow morning, looking forward to these as well! Had lost hope we would ever see these cars done, and cant believe I will finally have these on the layout tomorrow.
At least you can see where yours is, most of the time all I get is a sodding white screen when I try and find out if my shipment has even been received by USPS, Oh! and USPS last time I got it to work, was "USPS Awaiting Item"

I've emailed this numpty to find out what's happening, but so far, no response.
Is there anyone in the San Francisco area with a baseball bat handy by any chance? :mad: :mad:

Hello again,

Forgot to mention that I came home to this yesterday...

20240215_120518[1].jpg

Wife called and said they're working in the yard behind the fence...Fiber Internet on it's way!!!

Shipping is big money and has been for a while. When I had my airbrush business, I really had to watch the shipping charges, especially for heavy things like compressors. I also used to ship brass models back to clients after painting and it was substantial. I really had to make sure the quality was spot on, because my deal was that if there were issues, I picked up all return shipping charges.
Yeah I used to ship reloading presses and accessories (still occasionally do) as well as all sorts of other (non regulated) firearms parts and had to watch shipping. Peanuts and boxes were outrageous. I re-used boxes as much as possible and saved every piece of packaging and filler I received to reuse. I also made sure to negotiate discounst with UPS and fedex to the best of my ability and to do the postage for USPS online with an at the time free app that qualified you at the time for better rates. I offered cheap or free shipping so it was a big deal

At least you can see where yours is, most of the time all I get is a sodding white screen when I try and find out if my shipment has even been received by USPS, Oh! and USPS last time I got it to work, was "USPS Awaiting Item"
USPS tracking is defiantly not an exact science. Even though it says delivery for tomorrow, there's still a chance it could rattle around the Chicago black hole for a couple more days. Usually when it hits ST. Louis it will be here next day, but if it gets routed to Chicago, all bets are off!

I can see how shipping a compressor is costly.

I operate the same way, if there are issues I caused I will eat the return fees.

There was a time the USPS fixed rate boxes were a good deal and the boxes were/still are free. When USPS eliminated the shoebox flat rate around Covid that’s when I really had to be careful about shipping. Then they eliminated the regional fee rates. A 16x6x6 corrugated long box today is $1.04 each in orders of 50. It was $.58 each in lots of 25 last July. Tape is up and I am working on that now.

Looks like I am heading back to using I uline.com. I dropped them a few years ago for a couple reasons. They discontinued my discounts and my sister in law is a general manager there and she has given Terry lots of personal grief the last few years. But, business is business…
yeah the regional rates were a good thing. And the flat rate general boxes. I still have the regional boxes them selves so I have "free boxes" to last me a lifetime since I am only doing it on the side occasionally. USPS has gotten realy expensive. I remember $3 flat rate priority stamps back in the mid to late 90s

Back from a target run.

this runny nose definitely feels like a cold coming on. I started taking zinc and vit c last night. So, a few more nights sleeping in the recliner.

The only unknown is taking Mom to the Eye Doc on Monday. IF I can get this wiped out (sometimes I can get a cold over in about 3-4 days), I can drive her to the doc. If not, then I call Monday morning and get her rescheduled.

In other news: Chili in the CrockPot

View attachment 181415

That's not chili. Thats a chili stew. Chili doesn't have tomatoes in it ;):p:D:p

Either beans and meat, just meat, or just beans depending on where you come from and your preference, chili powder, onions, garlic, chilis/peppers.

And no pasta! Sorry Cincinnati

Morning folks

7F earlier but has warmed up to a pleasant 10F. There is about 6" of new white awaiting relocation efforts. Maybe put it on a bus to NY. Seems to be the "in" thing these days.

I did get a bit of paint ordered yesterday. Now, if I can still hold the airbrush steady---

A few recently scanned photos of Montana scenery from a 1981 backpack trip through the Beartooth Mountains. That one was 70 something miles from Cooke City out to Lake Fork Rock Creek above Red Lodge and about 70% off-trail through some relatively rugged terrain.
53529551431_23d849ed4b_b.jpg

53529704128_c8dcdf96eb_b.jpg

53528649662_ab88f03c66_b.jpg

53529735043_12c6f60274_b.jpg

53529546806_614234de29_b.jpg

Let me know what you find.

I'm at the point that I'm about to start shipping signed paperbacks by the author from my webstore. But ONLY to the USA. I can do one or two books in bubble envelopes, but more than that and I should do a box. Knowing how the posties like to bend stuff, I should do 1 book in a box, but...

My books are 6x9 inches, and two books are about an inch high.
Books you can send at a special book rate. Its slower and has restrictions but worth looking into it. Also if you send other "media" there is a media mail. Alsoslow but less expensive. media = prints, videos, etc.

Wife called and said they're working in the yard behind the fence...Fiber Internet on it's way!!!
We went with fiber internet a year and a half ago, and have had really great service from the provider. The best feature was the guaranteed rate for life. Supposedly as long as we keep the service our bill will never increase. Comcast kept jerking with the bill every year with the teaser rate and at the end socked it to you. Then you had to call and spend a half hour on the phone with them to negotiate a new rate.

Good morning ALL!!!!
Loved the map Bill!
Flo, you wearing that new flowery perfume?
Making me dizzy. o_O o_O🤣
Anyways, before you ball that fist and make two more steps, please let me place my order
off the breakfast menu.
I'd like item #17.
The chipped beef on toast, corned beef hash, scrambled eggs and sausage links.
Plus, a large bloody Mary with celery stick and slim Jim for company.
What? Why yes, I will be sitting in a window booth.
Heard rumor they're running a steam excursion featuring a 0-4-0 saddle tank engine.
Cab first pulling a combine on fishplate track. More bends and curves than a Southern Beauty Queen.
Speed restrictions too. Operating under dual red flags and calling it "The Fireball Express".
Sponsored by the "Mixed Signals Lonely Hearts Club".
It's a new post valentines tradition. :oops:🤔🤣
Should be a good view from here.

Definitely have tomatoes in the chili

No beans, though I do like them. They don't like me.

And cow and pig are hanging out together in there.

Wife insists we add pasta. I'm not sure what spice Cincinnati puts in their chili, but that ain't chili. I think it's Serbian? Been a while since I found the youtube vid on it.

AS for SHIPPING.

try Pirate Ship (dot) com
alchemyrefiner_alchemymagic_0_1a24255e-3ce3-4b77-9806-8e63edd0be6f_0.jpg

It's approved by Cap'n Punkin

The only downside is that you have to keep a balance on hand in their account to actually purchase a shipping label. I do a $10 max refresh of my account, since most of my parcels are $4-7 each. They make a tad on earning interest from me, and I get good rates with USPS, FedEx, and UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back