Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just past 7:30am and 25F. It has been sunny the last few days, ad colder, and I think it is supposed to continue that way for a while. It allows the house to warm up through open windows and sun (lots of glass on the south side, where the sun passes low during the fall and winter days).

I start a "new job" today. Same company etc. but I've been loaned to another group for 6 months, who need help and where a total pf 3 of us are being loaned to them from various groups -- one other guy from my group, and a guy from another group -- I don't know him. I have no experience with the tech they use in this group (programming language etc) so it will be a new experience, and a little stressful to get started. FIrst "stand up" morning meeting with them in 15 min...

I ordered 3 locos off a guy on FB, for your amusement I post their travels so far, by USPS Priority mail, (2 day service)

December 1, 2020, 11:52 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 1, 2020 at 11:52 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
November 30, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
November 26, 2020, 12:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 25, 2020, 5:52 pm
Departed Post Office
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78260
November 25, 2020, 12:35 pm
USPS picked up item
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78260
November 24, 2020, 7:58 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78260

I'm in the middle of the east coast, yet my package is a days drive northwest of me. Yet we trust mail in balloting. 😠😞🤬

Afternoon All,

The site is extremely slow and it won't load on my phone (everything else works fine). Today is the first day of Florida's other season called Non-Hurricane Season and currently a chilly 52 F. It was in the low 40's this morning and supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow morning. :eek: Today was first of the month grocery shopping so that took up all morning.

After lunch I soldered feeder wires to track and discovered that I actually needed 11 sets not 9 like I counted several times yesterday. Since I use PECO Insulfrog T/O's I always solder feeder wires on both sides of a T/O to prevent power issues. Tomorrow I hope to hook the feeders into the reverse loop buss.

Chad- I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family. Good luck at the new job still at the old job.

Sherrel- Congratulations to your wife on the weight loss.

Willie- Great layout scenes.

Dave- Interesting photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Yes it is still slow,I thought it was my computer and went to another site and things were good but slow here.

Willie- I'm still doing a few things to perfect the final product. It's actually simple but it works. Yes I will post details in the future. I compared the sample to a piece of water pipe at work and I need to lighten it a few shades.

I ordered 3 locos off a guy on FB, for your amusement I post their travels so far, by USPS Priority mail, (2 day service)

December 1, 2020, 11:52 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 1, 2020 at 11:52 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
November 30, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
November 26, 2020, 12:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
November 25, 2020, 5:52 pm
Departed Post Office
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78260
November 25, 2020, 12:35 pm
USPS picked up item
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78260
November 24, 2020, 7:58 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78260

I'm in the middle of the east coast, yet my package is a days drive northwest of me. Yet we trust mail in balloting. 😠😞🤬
Well, here's mine:

• Nov 29, 2020
  • 8:13am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 29, 2020
  • 12:53am
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 11:58pm
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 12:28pm
  • MISSENT
  • STOCKTON, CA 95209
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 10:26am
  • ARRIVAL AT UNIT
  • STOCKTON, CA 95207
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 5:01pm
  • DEPART POST OFFICE
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 9:24am
  • USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 25, 2020
  • 6:39pm
  • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 25, 2020
  • Tracking number provided
Supposed to be here 11/27...

Yo: How y'all doin'? 46° and cloudy, with a strong North wind. Looks like it cold "snow" at any time, (assuming it gets cold enough). Yesterday, I saw a fire alarm in South Philly, that was within two locks of where an old girlfriend lived. PFD made a good stop on a middle of row residence. When I used google maps to check the location, I saw this business " How-U-Doin Deli". Perfect name, although it fits better in Jersey City. (IMHO).

Bob: The forum took forever to load, and reacts very slowly, as of 3:53 PM EST.

Chad: Condolences to your Family on your lost.

Willie: I like today's scenes.

Karl: We mailed a 2day Priority, ($21.00), last Monday, usually takes 2 days. We hoped it would get to Watertown by Wednesday. Tuesday morning, it was in Syracuse (a 55" drive to Watertown), the bums sent it to Rochester instead. They received it on Saturday.

Today is the first day of Florida's other season

Curt: The NWS is all aflutter over their record number of Atlantic Cyclones, this season. The season ended as they were tracking a disturbance with a >10% chance of forming a Tropical Cyclone. The storm originated off the Southwestern coast of France, and meandered South past the coast of Portugal, and currently sits in the Atlantic West of Gibraltar. There were two other similar Atlantic Storms this season that never were anywhere near the tropics that received names, and they were hoping that they could add this one... And they wonder why no one believes the NWS?

Meadows Pit - Early Conrail Bill Strassner.jpg

GP30s on Meadows Pit, early Conrail. NJ Turnpike in Background. Bill Strassner photo.
9473 on Meadows Pit - Bill Strassner.jpg

Alco S-3 9473 on Meadows Pit Bill Strassner photo.

Seems to be back to normal, fingers crossed. Haven't gotten a report from tech support yet, hoping they actually found something wrong like a flaky ethernet switch or something. I really hate the "Well, we don't have any idea, but it's working now..." type responses, would rather they can point to a problem.

For what this place costs me each month, it should run fast. And it usually does, I've been very pleased with my new hosting company.

Good afternoon Everyone.....sunny but cool in this part of Wisconsin.

It's funny that today my wife asked me about what a "Watt" means when it comes to the power of a micro-wave. I used deal with watts, amps and voltage in my Professional Life, but in the over eight years since I actively used the terms and electrical measurements after retirement, I've forgotten so much about electricity or have to think twice about the subject. Part of my responsibilities was the overseeing of a major electrical system that was supplied 26,400 volts of electricity from the utility company that we transformed down that incoming voltage to 4,160 volts and then down to usable 480, 240, 120 volts to our end users.

Guess I need to do a some electrical refresher courses. Not to forgot that some understanding of basic electricity is part of model railroading.

Today, I had to go and get a blood test at the hospital and then I rode along with Cathy to do errands.

Tomorrow, the layout is a must for me. It's been awhile and yesterday I watched a George Sellios video on the TrainMasters' site and I have to say it was one of the better ones that I've seen. Watching the video of the F&SM is truly inspirational and I have to get to Boston next year and see the layout in person. On a business trip to Boston and New Hampshire we passed the door to George's domain and I wish I could have stopped in. From here it's a short flight to Boston and we can make it a two or three day trip and pick up some fresh lobsters on the way home.

Terry: It's amazing the locations a package stops at when its shipped across any distance.

Chad: Our thoughts are with you and your family on your loss.

My Yahoo e-mail is losing attachments and that will be project for Thursday after I repair a wooden exterior storm door.

So much for today..............

Greg

##########

Well, here's mine:

• Nov 29, 2020
  • 8:13am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 29, 2020
  • 12:53am
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 11:58pm
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 12:28pm
  • MISSENT
  • STOCKTON, CA 95209
  • Nov 28, 2020
  • 10:26am
  • ARRIVAL AT UNIT
  • STOCKTON, CA 95207
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 5:01pm
  • DEPART POST OFFICE
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 27, 2020
  • 9:24am
  • USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 25, 2020
  • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • DURHAM, CA 95938
  • Nov 25, 2020
  • Tracking number provided
Supposed to be here 11/27...

Misery loves company eh??

I ordered a camera at the end of September shipped on the 25th , arrived Oct 5. 10 days by Priority Mail to get halfway across the country.
and that was with no holidays.

Right now there isnt any real difference between USPS regular and Priority. It gets to Austin or San Antonio and sits for 2 days .

UPS packages arrived a day early on Monday instead of Tuesday by way of the San Antonio distribution hub ( Normally it would go through DFW).

Good evening Gentlemen
Spent half the day raking leaves from the big red maple in the front yard. (4) old king size sheets full and it takes 4 rakings/season with one more to go. Did some work on the Middlesex Mfg. building again today and installed another 743 windows, only 900 left to go........ Decided to build a more solid base to glue it to. Nice weather up here but we need more rain, so work will slow down, for more time in train room.
Bob, whatever you did, it worked! I'm seeing this site on the XM radio in my shop!! ;)
IMG_0427.jpg
MMFG1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back