Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired but not sleepy- will pay for this tomorrow
Went for a haircut this afternnoon. Old ACL ,now CSX tracks run next to hiway 19 Saw at least a hundred TTX cars. Looked the same as the cars at CONWAY except the logo was on the left side of the cars. Heavy graffiti on all of them. NO, didn't take a picture. DARN.
Pleasant dreams y'all.
Prayers and Blessings,
Phil

Well, it's over. The docs pulled the breathing tube and she immediately lost consciousness and slipped away. Not a bad way to go and, at 96 years old, she had a good run. And, this being the holidays, most of the family were in town and present at the bedside.

That's all for now; I'm bushed and it's late. Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers. Good night, see you in the morning.

Well, it's over. The docs pulled the breathing tube and she immediately lost consciousness and slipped away. Not a bad way to go and, at 96 years old, she had a good run. And, this being the holidays, most of the family were in town and present at the bedside.

That's all for now; I'm bushed and it's late. Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers. Good night, see you in the morning.
You have my condolences, and my ongoing sympathy for all the upcoming stuff that goes with losing a family member or loved one.

Good morning. 9 degrees to start off the day with an expected high in the upper 20's.

Beady - Sorry about your loss, but now she is in a better place.

Terry
- Hope things go well for your wife. My shoulder replacement went so well that it is now the better of the two arms.

Jim -
Like the photos. There are still a lot of operating turntables across the country but many have had the round houses torn down.

Sherrel - Saw some news clips on the snow in southern California. They don't seem to know what to do with it.

Looks like I'll be hobbling around for a while with the left leg. I may try to get down to thetrain room. but I will put that decision off for a while. My wife picked up my medication on her way home yesterday and she almost fell over at the price. It came to $71. She asked if that was the Medicare price. She was told that without out supplement plan the price would be around $1000. Holy crap !!!

Leg is a hurtin'. Think it's time to return to the recliner.

Later

Beady .. I will echo Terry's comment. "You have my condolences, and my ongoing sympathy for all the upcoming stuff that goes with losing a family member or loved one."

Terry Hope all goes well with Marie .. You are probably tird of hearing from me?

CHET -- How did this happen .. I don't see you sitting around hardly at all.
That must have made for interesting railroading at Cajon - bet they used a bunch of sand!

Good Morning All. 53° under cloudy skies here in North Central Texas. Taking the day off from holiday celebrations today, before resuming with the last one tomorrow. Yesterday's Mexican themed event went well, tamales, turkey enchiladas, barbacoa, and tacos with all of the sides and fixings. We managed to skirt through Ft Worth TX on the way home just before rush hour traffic got into gear. Just one minor 40 mph slowdown for about a half mile.

Ham and eggs this morning for me Francine. Good to see Mel back from vacation.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the Saw Pit country store yesterday; Bob, Chet, Ken, Sherrel, Patrick, Justin, Jerome, Curt, Jim, Phil, Chad, Tom.
Let's check out one of the two bars in my town of Vernon, Saulenas' Tavern; another of those Bar Mills kits.
12-21-19 006.JPG

Only a brief day in the train shed yesterday, woke up some engineers and ran a few trains around. I explored a couple of my Christmas presents to start thinking about where to use them.
12-27-19 002.JPG

The operating crossing signals have a future home already, I already have a Walther's flasher unit with optical sensors to operate them. The Overgrown Garden kit has a whole lot of scenery details in it that will go into various scenes that I have in place already. There's tomato plants, cucumber vines, sunflower plants, corn rows and various flowering plants. It also has creatures like rodents, snakes, tarantulas, a frog and some butterflies. Included as well is fencing, sand, ground foam etc. Some of this stuff may not really be visible unless you're looking for it or know that it is there. The butterflies will be hard to place! The Busch trailer kit only has the items pictured in the bottom picture on the box. The two Airstream trailers look really good at first glance.

Beady - Condolences and sympathies for your wife and the entire family. While no time is the right time for the passing of a loved one, it must also be a relief that she is no longer suffering. Went through the same scenario when they cut off the machine that my mother was attached to many years ago. Belated Happy Anniversary.
Sherrel - The Saw Pit must bring back memories of life in Arkansas. There were still a few similar stores in my area of rural Texas up into the 80's.
Curt - Good that you were able to resolve the electrical issue without having to call in an electrician.
Chet - Close call. Glad that you're all right. Belated Happy Anniversary to you as well.
Jim - While bands of coyotes are quite common in my neighborhood, we just happened to slow down for a couple of deer crossing the road in the same area just minutes earlier.
Tom - While I agree about the lawlessness of graffiti, it is a fact of life and I add it to many of my freight cars.
Terry - Best wishes to your wife and you on the knee replacement surgery. While they would have released my wife that night if she insisted, by staying overnight, she received some welcome physical therapy the next morning.

Everybody have a great Friday. Oooops! Website is down, I'll post a bit later. At least I didn't lose anything this time.

MorningShop Peeps!
Officially it is 35 degrees - that's cold enough - can I move further South - well, maybe 70 miles?
Officially we received 1.75 inches of wet, but my bucket had almost 2.5 inches - Hey - three quARTERS of an inch means a lot of greenness out here,.
Trying to type in the dark with an unlighted keyboard is tough- don't want to "poke the bear" this early.
Temp supposed to reach 56 high today.

Oh boy.....29 more days....count down to the Big "E"....... anyone else going?

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/index.php

Let me know so we can meet and greet!

I will be there on Saturday the 25th at opening day 9:00AM. It only takes about 2 hours and 10 minutes for me to get there. I see they have a lot of buses going from all over the north east pretty cool deal but I like to drive. The website has a whole list of buses coming at scheduled times http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/attendingtheshow.php#charter and they provide information on hotels http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/attendingtheshow.php#accomo .

Ya'll let me know!

Have a good weekend!

Morning all,

Time for a cup of coffee this morning. I'm working a couple of extra hours today to make up for the 2 hours I lost from the holiday time off. I usually work 9 hour days, but only get paid for 8 on holidays. Better when they're on Friday as I then work 4 8's.

On vacation to watch grand kids and burn time I'll otherwise lose. Starting in May, I gain an additional week, so even more time I'll have to use or lose. Hope to get to the trains some during the week. I need to recheck some trackage as I know I may have some spots that may cause me issues later (like checking the track for level).

Beady: Like the others, condolences on losing your MIL.

Alcomotive: Sounds like a good show, but way too far for me. Have a great time.

Good Morning Everyone...over cast here in Wisconsin and still mild.

Chet:
Get back to 100% soon and take it easy for a while and follow doctor's orders. Like the locomotive.

Beady:
Sorry about your loss and our thoughts are with you.

Tom: I did do graffiti on a couple of cars, but will remove it when I have a chance to do so. There no place for graffiti on my layout and hope that the railroads solve this problem as fast as they can. I would spray paint the naked body of anyone caught doing graffiti and march them down main street. I don't understand my so many buildings are doing mural, side wall art on their buildings. Painting the sides of buildings is nothing but approved graffiti in my opinion.

Here's some wall art in a city near me....!!!
1577464302081.png
Today, working on the troublesome SD-39 and the derailing problem.

Last night the wife dragged me to a petting/drive thru zoo with a Christmas theme. A 100 acre complex with a variety of animals in a wooded setting. The drive ends at a gift shop/snack building with free hot chocolate. Then we stopped at a local dive bar for a good bar hamburger, but the menu was limited to only pizzas. We had a few expensive, watered down drink and when home. $3.50 for a brandy (cheap rail) and sweet in a tiny glass with mostly ice. The bar was full of redneck, totally drunk people having fun....??? This place was sort like one of Willie's taverns on his layout. I'm glad we're staying at home this New Years Eve.

Later everyone.

Greg

###########################################

Condolences and a prayer.

Good morning all. A very gray, overcast day here in H-Town, temp 66. Breakfast tacos please.
Ran in the new Broadway Limited Import SD40-2 yesterday. Like the first one it runs very smooth and can creep at a really slow speed. The plan is to do some CV changes today. I have one track off the turntable insulated from the layout and this is my programming track. BLI are odd as you can't use CV-R to read the existing value.

Willie - Nice bar, looks like the kinda place I would have frequented 50 years ago.

I was thinking if I had a knee replacement and the doctor put in backwards, "would I have to walk around in circles?"

LATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back