Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everybody!

I went to bed early yesterday. I was busy and I had a productive day, but I had a good, slow pace. I'm following your lead Willie. I'm not as productive as you, but I'm happy with my progress. I slept 5 hours and as my mornings go, I feel great!

I think I put an end to those pesky cramps by drinking a 44oz cup filled with ice and topped off with diet ginger ale after dinner each night. So far so good. I just have to be sure to make a pit stop at the bathroom before going to bed!

I'm excited, I have open floor space in my play pen! I won't be building a layout this year, That will wait until after the new year, but I will lay track on the carpet and run my new Vision Line GG1 and my huge Legacy EM-1 around a Christmas tree in my train room/play pen! Oh and I can't forget the Polar Express and maybe another train or two! All Lionel, of course.

Johnny, thanks for the updates, God be with you. Try some of those oven entrees, they are so easy! I like the chicken parmesan, turkey or beef with gravy. They even make microwave mashed potatoes. Those steam in the bag vegetables are good and easy too. I didn't get this big by not eating my vegetables, I love vegetables! ;) If those things don't appeal to you, check the freezer isle, or maybe box food, you will find lots of variety. You can and will be a good fill in cook. I forgot to mention frozen lasagna, I like that too!

Boris! It's great to have you back, thank God. We missed you my friend.

Phil, it's good to see your posts, we know you care, we love you right back, God Bless you my friend. I hope you weather the "storms."

DSD! It's great to see your posts, keep them coming! I'm glad you stopped by and thank God.

Everybody, Happy Holidays, God bless you all!

I am going back upstairs now to keep making progress with my trains. I asked my wife if it was ok if I work upstairs in the mornings and work in the rest of the house after my little man gets off to school. Her answer was no surprise "of course honey, I don't care what you do, just don't do too much. You don't have to do anything" Thank you God for my beautiful little Angel.

Going to bed early gives me time in the morning before my little man wakes up. I'm not productive after sundown anyway. Today and tomorrow I get to take my boys to school, how cool is that?! :) When I come home I'll work on Christmas in the rest of the house. My wife picked out a huge outdoor wreath to go in the front window and I picked up my new gorilla ladder to use to hang it outside! Once I get done inside I will try to do some lights outside. Amazon will have to do without me for another week or maybe two.
1543909754050.png

Here is a pretty lady and some pretty Christmas trees. I can't believe there has been so much negative stuff about the white house Christmas. Shame on those nasty people. I can only imagine what they would be saying if I decorated the white house for Christmas! Personally, I like the cranberry forest as well.
1543908543648.png

1543908620522.png

Last edited:
I don't get this crazy, but I still like it!
1543924750563.png

1543924779643.png

1543924803399.png

Miracle on 34th Street (Baltimore)

In Baltimore, Maryland, Miracle on 34th Street is a display of holiday lights that takes place annually on the 700 block of 34th Street (between Chestnut Avenue and Keswick Road) in Baltimore's Hampden community. The display, which involves the residents of most of the houses on the block (with three-story rowhouses on the north side of the street and two-story ones with second-floor bay windows on the south side), started in 1947 (the same year that its namesake movie debuted), and takes place between late November and late December. The location becomes a major attraction for visitors from all over the area.

The display prominently features Christmas trees of varying styles, trains, animated figures, Walt Disney cartoon characters, Hanukkah menorahs, artwork, and other various symbols of the holiday season, including a sea of Santas and Frosty the Snowmans.
Credit: Wikipedia

In Baltimore, Maryland, Miracle on 34th Street is a display of holiday lights that takes place annually on the 700 block of 34th Street (between Chestnut Avenue and Keswick Road) in Baltimore's Hampden community. The display, which involves the residents of most of the houses on the block (with three-story rowhouses on the north side of the street and two-story ones with second-floor bay windows on the south side), started in 1947 (the same year that its namesake movie debuted), and takes place between late November and late December. The location becomes a major attraction for visitors from all over the area.

Louis: Displays such as this are why I feel that Baltimore was the best place we ever lived in. Even today, with total incompetence at City Hall, and all the thugs running amuck, it's still better, and I miss it. While we lived in Harford Co., (in Abingdon), we participated in the city, and what Baltimore offered.

Boris

Good Morning All. A chilly 26° and partly cloudy morning here in North Central Texas. A cool day today with a very gradual warming trend for the next week or so. Headed back to the doctor this morning for what should be the last follow-up to last months cyst removal. Seems to be healing just fine but I think that this surgeon is milking Medicare for all that he can legally collect. If I had known that it was going to require five 60 mile round trips to his office, I would have just left the damn thing alone. Maybe I can buy my wife a Christmas gift while I am out. I completed all of the walls in the bathroom remodel except the part behind where the toilet once resided. It needs to be painted white first. Since painting is my wife's forte, I'm off the hook for a while. I already have all eight boards pre-cut for the area but several will still have to have plumbing holes before installing. Then it's hurry up and wait until the new vanity is delivered and she also needs to decide on moulding and trim.
Another short day in the train shed yesterday, likely the same today. I mainly touched up scenery here and there and located another freight car with plastic wheels to convert. This one still had McHenry couplers as well so off they came. While it was at the workbench, I did some light weathering on it.

Louis - Funny that I never considered the cost involved in putting those metal wheels on all of my fleet until you asked about it yesterday. But when I consider that I spent 15 grand building the train shed to house everything, it puts it into a different perspective.
That's a neat Christmas display on 34th Street.
Chet - Good luck with the new tablet. I received one from my daughter a couple of years ago, but rarely use it. I did load it with a bunch of layout pictures and I take it with me to show them to others. Those critters are OK when they are lying on the ground, but I'm sure that you know to beware if they're standing.
Phil - Sorry to read that the kitchen mess has taken so long. Been through that freezer drain being plugged before. Ours also blocked the return air so there was no circulation. Good Luck.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning y'all :cool:
38° and cloudy
OK, so freezers have drains? I've been wondering why my side by side fridge piddles a little bit on the floor once in a while. (on the freezer side) At 1st I thought it was the puppy, til I realized it was just water. I'll have to investigate it, as I'm getting tired of soaking it up!

Cloudy and 14 degrees! WeatherUnderground say from this Thursday until a week from tomorrow, we're supposed to see the sun! We shall see!

Mark it was supposed to be sunny here today, but I'm not seeing anything but clouds Now the weather is saying cloudy all day. I could have looked out the window and come up with that!. At least our temperature is warmer at 43. Stay warm my friend.

Louis: Displays such as this are why I feel that Baltimore was the best place we ever lived in. Even today, with total incompetence at City Hall, and all the thugs running amuck, it's still better, and I miss it. While we lived in Harford Co., (in Abingdon), we participated in the city, and what Baltimore offered.

Boris

Boris you know how I feel about Baltimore, "home sweet home" To be honest it is not as bad as they would have us believe. We had a good mayor, finally, but the riots did her in. I'm losing faith in the new one Catherine Pugh. The violence is mostly contained to the drug trade and those involved in it.

According to my neighbors we had a problem on our street with cars being broke into, but not any more. I go outside and walk around at all hours of the night due to my crazy sleep schedule. If I see somebody I ask them "what are you doing?" Now I don't see anybody any more. Criminals are always looking for easy targets.

I think every big city has it's problems, Baltimore is no different.

Come and visit us anytime, you are always welcome.

MIKE -- I just hope it does not turn into anything worse. I don't feel bad -just a really sore throat! I know what you mean about kids though -if it's around - they will bring it home every time.

The above was supposed to post yesterday?:mad: For some reason it did not - so I will just add to it. :)
Today it is 40* headed towards a 69* high with mostly high overcast clouds. Someone said that we may have some more rain heading this way? Sure hope so!
Not much new on the home front ... still need to go and get a p/u load of firewood which I should have done back a few months ago. Willie, those glass crates - the 2x6 and 2x12 are 10 feet in length! Very straight wood and minimal knots.
OK .. last night I "lathered" myself up good with Vick's Vapor and I feel sooo much better this morning. I still have a little bit of a scratchy throat, but nothing like yesterday. It was so bad last night that I actually had trouble getting my meds down.

Going to go and read the latest posts after obtaining another cuppa coffee.
Yal play nice while i m gone.

Good Morning All. A chilly 26° and partly cloudy morning here in North Central Texas. A cool day today with a very gradual warming trend for the next week or so. Headed back to the doctor this morning for what should be the last follow-up to last months cyst removal. Seems to be healing just fine but I think that this surgeon is milking Medicare for all that he can legally collect. If I had known that it was going to require five 60 mile round trips to his office, I would have just left the damn thing alone. Maybe I can buy my wife a Christmas gift while I am out. I completed all of the walls in the bathroom remodel except the part behind where the toilet once resided. It needs to be painted white first. Since painting is my wife's forte, I'm off the hook for a while. I already have all eight boards pre-cut for the area but several will still have to have plumbing holes before installing. Then it's hurry up and wait until the new vanity is delivered and she also needs to decide on moulding and trim.
Another short day in the train shed yesterday, likely the same today. I mainly touched up scenery here and there and located another freight car with plastic wheels to convert. This one still had McHenry couplers as well so off they came. While it was at the workbench, I did some light weathering on it.

Louis - Funny that I never considered the cost involved in putting those metal wheels on all of my fleet until you asked about it yesterday. But when I consider that I spent 15 grand building the train shed to house everything, it puts it into a different perspective.
That's a neat Christmas display on 34th Street.
Willie, better safe than sorry, infections are bad news and most people are not as good with their own health as you are. Everything has to be "idiot proof" in todays world. I think Doctors are worried about malpractice suits.

I wish you well with the Christmas gift for your wife.

"Hurry up and wait" :) That's the way of the world.

I'm still wishing I had a separate building for my trains, but I more than tripled what I had so I'm happy. Every place I looked at before buying this house had more problems than I wanted to deal with and the price of this one was too good to pass up! Come to think of it in exactly 7 days it will be one year since we bought this place and I love it more and more everyday!

When we look at what we spend on our hobby it is … surprising, but worth every penny if you ask me.

Terry said it best, "it's cheaper than a therapist!"

I recently bought my first Lionel Vison Line train, the Amtrak GG1. I realized I paid more for it and the cars to go with it than I did for many cars I owned! I'm still ecstatic that I bought it and I would not trade it for any 2 of those cars!

I'm glad your feeling a little better Sherrel. At least you are going in the right direction.

38° and cloudy
OK, so freezers have drains? I've been wondering why my side by side fridge piddles a little bit on the floor once in a while. (on the freezer side) At 1st I thought it was the puppy, til I realized it was just water. I'll have to investigate it, as I'm getting tired of soaking it up!
Karl. make sure the drain pan is clean. Dust can build up over time and make it over flow before the water can evaporate. In todays world nothing is any bigger than it has to be.

Boris you know how I feel about Baltimore, "home sweet home" To be honest it is not as bad as they would have us believe. We had a good mayor, finally, but the riots did her in. I'm losing faith in the new one Catherine Pugh. The violence is mostly contained to the drug trade and those involved in it.

According to my neighbors we had a problem on our street with cars being broke into, but not any more. I go outside and walk around at all hours of the night due to my crazy sleep schedule. If I see somebody I ask them "what are you doing?" Now I don't see anybody any more. Criminals are always looking for easy targets.

I think every big city has it's problems, Baltimore is no different.

Come and visit us anytime, you are always welcome.
26-Santa-stops-in-Baltimore-funny-cartoon.jpg

38° and cloudy
It's supposed to drain into a drain pan where it eventually evaporates. It is the moisture that the freezer sucks out of the interior air to make it frost-free. Possible cause of being on the floor is a defective drain pan or excessive moisture overflowing. Or drain pan may be missing if it is a second-hand freezer.

Good morning. 17 degrees to start off the say with an expected high near 30. Got most of my chores done for th day. Took the little long hair doxie to the groomer. Now she doesn't look like a hover carft. She has legs. Stopped by the hardware store, got some cash from the ATM for beer on Friday night bowling league,, filled up the car and got the trash down to the end on the driveway for pick up.

So far as the I pad goes, made a little progress with it. There is supposed to be a way to link a cell phone to it to use it for a Wi Fi hot spot. I can turn the phone to be a hot spot with the settings on the phone, but the I pad wants the password for the phone to link them together. I HATE passwords and my phone does not use a password. Maybe my son can figure it out. Frustrating. I wonder if I pads make good frisbees.

I don't ache as bad as yesterday. Maybe I can spend some time with the trains this afternoon.

Here's a rail picture for today.

64979700.JPG

Later

Afternoon All,

Piddled around the layout for today while the wife volunteered at the school. Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow, but I'm sure MOH will let me know!:rolleyes:

Willie- I hope you feel better.

Louis- Neat lights but I don't like being in crowds like that anymore.

Joe/Phil/DSD- Good to see you all posting.

Chet- Interesting track photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back