Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello TOOT- Watched a Discovery program and took a ride on The GHAN. WOW, what a trip. Also showed a trip being pulled by the steam loco #25. Glad movies and TV are able to visit places I'll never get to.
Wish you and all our other "SOUTHERN" friends the best in the new year.

Phil

Geez...I can't keep up! So much conversation. Jesse Don't...please don't rush your build. Trust me. It may suck waiting but trust me. Unless you want to do what I had to do a few weeks back take your time. Nothing more heart breaking than spending years building a layout only to have to tear it down. Trust me it sucks

Justin
I won't. I can't help but wait. Hard to build without the track. Lol. It does suck, but I don't want the end product to suck as well so waiting and being patient is the name of the game right now. I have lots more buildings to build anyway. And now that I have a way to see the end result I can dig into my cardboard stash and see what else I can make. Lol

Jesse

I'll give it a few days to make sure, but, after two doses, the blood pressure medication doesn't seem to help the migraines. I feel rough from the cold, now add a migraine to the mix, and I feel miserable. Heading off to find a dark, quiet room for a few hours.

For some odd reason, I was thinking of those 2 abandoned locos from The Fugitive movie and by my recall, the mid train loco that Dr Kimble was trying to get out of the way of had come off the rails on the other side to those two, as shown here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXxjVq8y6lw

Is there then another loco abandoned there also.

Good Morning Everyone. 43° and cloudy here. Chet, you're up early today, pushing your weather down this way! It hits us tomorrow with a high of 31° dropping to 15° overnight for three days, before rising back above freezing Wednesday. That seems crazy that Louis cannot get WiFi until January 7!!! Even out here in the absolute backwoods, they usually come out the same day that you call them.
Out in the train shed, I made some progress on the DPM structure that I am making. Also since the weather was nicer than it will be for a few days, I dragged out the sawhorses and cut some more parts for the workbench. It will be nice to use it as it is in front of a window which will add to the lighting on the backside of projects. It's also 1/3 larger than the 2 ft² of layout space that I am currently using. Fired up a few engines and ran some trains which I haven't done in over a week, just because!

Jesse - Glad that you made it over to the Coffee Shop. Laying on the ground in 30° certainly isn't ideal; here it's also on a gravel driveway...uncomfortable as well.
Chet - Did the wind vane on the barn roof fall over on Van Dyke's farm?
Sherrel -
Interesting thing about global warming -- every tree that is cut down, every new parking lot, every new house roof, every new stretch of concrete, and every added person born adds to the global warming. It's not just fossil fuels folks - It's EVERYTHING!
That's why I am planting 16 new trees next week! Planted over 350 on the SFW estate over the last 36 years. Of course I am now cutting them down for heat! And of course they also counteract the "cow flatulence" generated across the road by those 100 or so cows!
Terry - Wow! Lisenopril is quite the medication. Fortunately all of my BP meds are diuretics and not ACE types. If like Joe, it works and you have no ill effects, then that will be great. Have a toddy for your cold.
Karl - Sounds like you are single-handily keeping the drug companies profitable. Just kidding of course, we do what we need to do as the alternative is not pleasant.
Toot - Got up late??? Hell, you got up tomorrow for the rest of us!

Everybody have a great and safe weekend.

Willie

Willie - I didn't want to complain too much, but since you mentioned it, my driveway is all gravel as well. The sad part is I have a 2 car garage that is currently being used for storage. If it weren't for that minor inconvenience I could do all that I needed in there.

Jesse

Good Morning! Starting off at 34* = only supposed to reach 77* today = 10 degrees cooler than yesterday.
Hooray - no commute for VAKEN today!
Hope you are able to stiffle the headache, TERRY

Busy day today -- may be AWOL until tomorrow!

Good luck with the cold everyone. I feel for you, but this too shall pass!

Currently 50 degrees in Central Florida...Brrrr.
That's almost an ice age! Lol

My brother lives in Ocala. Sent me an article where they said there is I very slim chance Tampa may see some flurries.

I hope not. There will be panic in the streets.

Jesse

Good morning. 26*F with alternating periods of sunshine and flurries in central MD. Perfect weather for staying indoors and doing mrr activities.

My newly-acquired GP40 is gonna be an absolute bear to paint into B&O, because of its alternating light gray and black colors accented by thick yellow stripes:
s-l300.jpg

Since the model is RTR, I'll need to partially dissassemble it to get it adequately prepped for repainting. I always worry that I'm going to break something when I try to remove the shell.

Colder n a well diggers backside! We EARNIN this next summer right NOW boi...WOO, the HAWK is OUT!

No layout activity round here for a while and then some. Maybe come spring...STILL getting random attacks of INTENSE nerve pain in the chest every couple of days.

Hope Santa was good to all a y'all, hunker down with a hot beverage and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Good morning. 26*F with alternating periods of sunshine and flurries in central MD. Perfect weather for staying indoors and doing mrr activities.

My newly-acquired GP40 is gonna be an absolute bear to paint into B&O, because of its alternating light gray and black colors accented by thick yellow stripes:
s-l300.jpg

Since the model is RTR, I'll need to partially dissassemble it to get it adequately prepped for repainting. I always worry that I'm going to break something when I try to remove the shell.
I'm not looking forward to painting mine either. being N Scale I feel if I breathe on it heavy while trying to disassemble it it might break. Mine is currently wearing Sante Fe blue and yellow and I need it to be wearing Seaboard Coast black and yellow.

Jesse

s-l300.jpg

Atlas shells are easy peasy to strip! A 97% alcohol soak will strip it after an overnight soak, and disassembly wont kill it. Remember, one of your old GP38's is now wearing Midland paint!:D

I'm having way too much fun with this. It's snowing here. Got roughly an inch and the false courage 4 wheel drive neighbors are spinning out and sliding all over the place. Yup stay my butt inside. Sad enough as this is I live on a private drive sooooo.....the land owner will have to plow the road. Yeah and he is sitting in his shop on the hill. I think I'm going to pop some popcorn and watch people attempt to go up and down the hill.
ee498c027645065d5783e3db7d3cb988.jpg

Justin

s-l300.jpg

Your work with B&O painted shells are amazing and I think you can pull this off no problem. I have an Athearn GP40 shell I want to do up in C&O blue and gold.

Justin

Good Evening,

Got all the Christmas decorations put away for another year. I worked on the kit getting the wall trim glued on, glued the wall bracing on and painted the interior walls a Tamiya flat black. Nothing worth a picture at this point.

I received my quarterly PRRT&HS journal today and that reminded me to pay my yearly dues to the historical society.

Joe- Thanks for the update on Louis. Do you have a picture of your station?

Jesse- Your layout will seem bigger being N scale.

Willie- Nice layout town.

Ken- Are you doing the solid blue scheme or the split color scheme?

Justin- Smart staying inside.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back