Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Which shall I do next? Besides these in the pics, there are 4 others that are in zip lock baggies with no instructions.
Two appear to be the exact same. Generally all 4 look like they are simple track side stations.

So what to do next: If I can handle that oil refinery, I figure I can pretty much handle anything.

kits1.jpg

kits2.jpg

I just got the most bizzarre Warning. I don't want to quote it, as it's a PM, but it objected to my signature line, and accused me of posting pictures of nude bodies. The specific post cited, #36, was from the thread titled something like, Who Cares Anyway, written something like six weeks ago. There were no pictures posted, and a couple of you guys were joking about my Sig line in adjacent posts. Matter of fact, here's the post, in its entirety:

Can someone please explain to me how this violates any rules?

(Edit: OK, it's been explained, kind of. It seems I did include a photo that someone considered offensive but that I only thought odd.

I didn't see the image, since it's been removed, but I trust my moderators' judgement. This forum is intended for audiences of all ages, and the image was reported as containing nudity.

Good evening.
I've heard from Sherrel's better half, and she says he's out of surgery, awake, and hungry.

Thanks for the update. If he's hungry, he may also want a beer.

Great news.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Which shall I do next? Besides these in the pics, there are 4 others that are in zip lock baggies with no instructions.
Two appear to be the exact same. Generally all 4 look like they are simple track side stations.

So what to do next: If I can handle that oil refinery, I figure I can pretty much handle anything.

View attachment 61977

View attachment 61978
Enough of the oil structures. That supply house looks interesting.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Enough of the oil structures. That supply house looks interesting.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

What sort of "supply house" is it anyway?
Looks more like a modern day coal head to me.

However, I get it out and review directions and see what I'm into.
The refinery was just about out of my league it came through dam good - IMHO.
E.

Thanx Terry for the update on Sherrell!

Eric that refinery looks great, I know for a fact it was not an easy model to assemble - I built the cracking tower part to represent a coking gas reclamation system on my steel mill. [Didn't bother doing the burner because, after all, coke gas is already hotter than hell!]

Attachments

• CokingGasDistillingTower.jpg
    CokingGasDistillingTower.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 211
TERRY- Thanks for the update.

ERIC- You do great work.. Hope you're doing better health-wise.

Prayers for all.
PHIL

Terry .... Thanks for the update on Sherrel .... He is hungry? ... Good to hear.

Eric ... The refinery looks great.

Ken in Maryland ... I like your kit bashed coking gas reclamation system.

Sherrel - You got that right. The throttle has of course forward and reverse, but also a center off position. If I set the train of the track and turn the block on, the locomotive will go through the starting sequence and then start moving with no voltage or amperage showing on the meters. Really strange.If I have time, I'll put a meter on it later today.

Interesting you should have that happen, I now have 3 Loksound equipped locos, but haven't delved into that brands mysteries yet i.e. I haven't read the manual I downloaded and printed off. I didn't test the first two on my DC test track at all, just set up their extended addresses and ran them only on DCC. The latest one, an Intermountain SD40-2 I got a couple of weeks ago, I did test on DC and got similar responses as you did. In my case as soon as I chose a direction but no throttle increase. The acceleration too was as you describe. Responds normally on DCC. I have disabled the DC option in the Configuration setup as it (they) won't be run on DC. If that is the control method you will use with this loco, then probably advisable to get that done at the club when doing it's initial programming.

Even though the decoder makers provide this DC/DCC dual option, most if not all, advise disabling the DC option if the loco will be used on DCC mostly, as a caution against an occurence where the decoder is slow in detecting which current supply it's on. It can happen (I had it happen with the very first loco I got programmed at the other club I was in) that, when placed on a powered DCC track, "thinks" it's on DC, and reacts to the full voltage that DCC operates at (14+V), by interpreting it as full DC voltage and takes off like a rocket.

Good Morning All. 68° and clear today. Started to freeze some tomatoes yesterday. 2-3 dozen a day is more than we can eat! Later this week, I'll be making and freezing spaghetti sauce.
Progress report on the "four Fingered Tony's" structure. Still need the main sign and the soft drink box.
6-20-17 007.JPG
Aside from that, I recently built a "Smalltown" structure that I am using as a drug store.
6-20-17 001.001.JPG
This one still needs a sidewalk and pedestrians.

Terry - Thanks for the update on Sherrel.
Eric - You did an excellent job on the refinery. Now you are going to have to get some tankers.
Ken in Md - Nice work on the cracking tower also.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning, America, how are ya? Got home about 10:30 last night and getting organised again! Had a great time spending time looking for potential retirement areas. Found some areas we liked southwest of DFW area as well as some small towns around Denton. Now to decide the pros and cons of Arizona, Arkansas and Texas. Thank goodness it's not an immediate decision!

Glad to hear the news about Sherril. Hopefully, things will continue to go well for him. Good modeling by all. Makes me jealous of all the skill that you guys demonstrate. One of these days.......!

Well, I for one cannot wait to get home, pick up my "new" computer and look at the nice stuff that has been put up here the last couple days.
I guess that I can consider myself almost half done. Will have the same two procedures done to the right and then the sliver placed inside the aorta to seal off the aneurysm.
Wow, the surgeon told my wife yesterday that this is the only hospital in US that does what they are doing.

BOY, CSN I USE A COLD BEER, OR THREE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back