Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

I'm with you all about pets. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had to put our Yorkie down after 15+ years of comfort and love. We had an outdoor cat for 6 or 7 years but she ran away. Used to climb up in my lap and fall asleep being petted and rubbed.

Son and his family are staying with us a couple of weeks until their new house is completed. "Family" includes a dog and cat. Last night I was sitting in a rocker doing a crossword puzzle and that cat jumps up into my lap, forces me to put the book down, and curls up for some petting and starts purring and closing his eyes. Awwww - I'm getting weepy right now - - - reminded me of our old cat.

Johnny

Afternoon All,

Got all the feeders hooked up and started some testing by pushing and pulling 3 gondolas. I was doing some road planning and realized that I have to modify my initial plan. I have to move the road that trucks will use to load and unload containers. Thankfully it doesn't affect the track work:).

Ken- I'm glad you're feeling better.

Johnny- The Con-Cor roofs are also very easy to remove to add passengers unlike Walthers cars.

Louis- I am sorry for your loss. A loved pet always leave a hole when they pass on.

Lynn- I just looked at your layout thread and it is very good modeling.

Garry- That would be cool. Hopefully it will go better than some Pennsy restorations in recent years.:mad:

20170209_135643_zpssh3zs5tb.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ahhhhh, weekend eve here in King George, VA. Nothing in particular planned for the weekend. I'll work on the bridge tonight, go to breakfast with the guys in the morning then do some more work on the bridge. Should do some more work on the classification yard turnouts.
Dang weight loss is going batty. I was at the 10lb mark and suddenly my weight went back up 2 lbs yesterday and another 2lbs today. I can explain the 2lbs today. I had a muffin for breakfast yesterday and didn't walk last night. but the other 2lbs, I have no idea.

Ahhhhh, weekend eve here in King George, VA. Nothing in particular planned for the weekend. I'll work on the bridge tonight, go to breakfast with the guys in the morning then do some more work on the bridge. Should do some more work on the classification yard turnouts.
Dang weight loss is going batty. I was at the 10lb mark and suddenly my weight went back up 2 lbs yesterday and another 2lbs today. I can explain the 2lbs today. I had a muffin for breakfast yesterday and didn't walk last night. but the other 2lbs, I have no idea.
Must've been one hell of a muffin...

Good Friday Morning All. 43° and partly cloudy today. Temps back into the 70's today with 85° forecast for tomorrow! Went grocery/beer shopping yesterday and have a gripe regarding those shopping carts with the plastic "kiddie-cars" mounted on the front. They sure do take up a lot of room especially when cornering, and some of the moms that use them don't bother picking up the stuff that they knock off the displays when clipping them. When I was a kid, we had to wait in the car while mom shopped...dangerous these days though, that and the local CPS!
Another lazy day in the train shed yesterday. Got into a mood to complete a shell DPM scratch-built partial structure from a few years ago. Added the roof finally, plus some roof bracing as it is a large structure, signage and roof details. It is not a complete structure as it wraps around a corner of the backdrop. Some minor detailing left and I will get a picture or two.

Chet - Also reminds me of the summer days when the national weather people get into a tizzy about a heat wave when the temperature goes above 90° in the northeast for a few hours! We have weeks here where the temperature barely goes below 90° at night. To each his own I guess.
Greg - Sounds like your water heater installers went to work for Terry's post office. You are very fortunate.
Ken (D&J) - Echoing what Terry posted..."Must've been one hell of a muffin". I don't even gain that much eating a full course prime rib dinner!
It was a slow evening in the Coffee Shop yesterday, 13 hours between Curt's afternoon post and Ken's first post this morning! I read but generally don't post much after 3:00 pm.
Everybody have a great Friday.

Willie

Good morning .... It is in the 20's here now, but it is sunny and will warm up to the 50's by noon.

Curt ..... Your layout extension is coming along nicely.

Cheers

167CVHSF1.jpg

Good morning, everyone. 36 and sunny here in SW MO, heading to 70 today and 75 tomorrow - nice and sunny both days. Chance of rain Sunday, and we need it!

Curt - thanks for that info about the ConCor roofs - having passengers riding in a passenger car sure sounds realistic :rolleyes:
Ken, others - about that muffin incident - - Oh, for the metabolism of a teenager again!

Not much news from the train room - Son and I worked on some more perimeter scenery, and planned out the area next to the trainyard. We need a couple more industries there besides the lumberyard and coal distributorship we already have planned. Probably a dairy, since I've got that kit waiting in the wings, and one or two more industries. Tomorrow I may head to an LHS in a nearby town cause I need a couple of things to lay the track for the trainyard.

I'll post a photo next week, even if we don't make as much progress as I hope we do.

See ya later. Have a good day, everyone.
Johnny

In other news, I've located a rear axle assembly for my truck through that evil auction site. Waiting to hear back how much freight is going to cost. I bought a few items over the years that were shipped and delivered in that manner. One that still makes me cringe was the time I bought a bulky item with freight supposed to be $200. When the delivery arrived, the driver wanted an additional $400. Since that was more than I paid for the item, I refused it. Things quickly went downhill from there...

Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Imma leave some photos here for y'all to enjoy.
203a79f6b4ccb6a5269af2b28cf6ebdb.jpg
To start off. Thurmond, WV. I never noticed this but my yard office on my layout looks just like the post office.
944e04ed991395ca8fc34cfeacef11ab.jpg

C&O units in Thurmond, WV sitting next to the engine house.
efb358e4bda31034d45037c654be3cf1.jpg

C&O units coming in to Hinton, WV. At one time Hinton had a huge yard. There is some of it left today but most has been ripped up.
0aefa0fd2543a9163f7e25047f9a286a.jpg

Foreign hoppers! I have been thinking of adding some of these to my hopper fleet. Hope y'all enjoy.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good morning. 40 degrees with light rain this wet day. With all of the snow we have, the rain and warmer temps have produced some minor flooding. Interstate 90 was closed last night from Lookout Pass ( ID -MT state line ) to Superior, MT, almost a 50 mile stretch due to water across the highway. With all of the snow, water doesn't have any place to run off to.

Terry - Good luck on the rear end. Hope you don't get burned (again).

Ken in VA - Those sure must be some really good muffins. 2 pounders ? icon_lol.gif

Willie - You are so right about the weather reports. Everything centers on the big northeast cities and the rest of the country is forgotten most of the time.

Curt - The expansion looks good. Where are the trucks going to come in at. Thanks for mentioning the roofs on the Con Cor cars. I forgot to mention that. With the lit interiors, the passengers will be easy to see. I have some sitting passengers that have yet to be painted that I will be putting into mine. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Garry - Another outstanding photo. Keep 'em coming.

Johnny - Nice photos

Greg - Dodged a bullet on that gas leak.

Ken in MD - If you're lurking, hope your back is doing better.

Eric - You may be lurking too. Hope you're also feeling a bit better.

Later.

Attachments

• 113.gif
    113.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning from the West:
Today
High 69 | Low 52 °F
20% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 85.3 | Low 50.4 °F
Precip. 0 in

Have a doctor;s appointment with the cancer guy 45 miles up the road this morning. A follow up from the CT Scan. I was hoping that he would call me and say that there was no reason to come in; maybe he just wants to see that I am still walking around?

Weather guessers say some rain is possible later this evening, but I doubt it will reach this far south.

Chet - I could have sent this as a private message, but I know there are others on the forum who would be interested. I know you are into car racing. I just found out that the guy who owns Branson Hobby Center (Google it) in Hollister, MO, just 30-40 minutes south of Springfield, is Mike Wenig. He worked for ABC Sports and Entertainment for 35 years, and traveled all over the world televising golf tournaments, Olympics, Indy 500's, Daytona 500's, college football, etc., etc. Won 7 Emmy awards for his work.

I think you mentioned you sometimes come to Springfield on your way to other places. Next time you're down this way, you might want to stop in and meet Mike. I may head to his shop this weekend to pick up a few things I need right away. And next time you're in the neighborhood, let's see if you and I can meet for coffee and get acquainted.

Johnny

That's a bit off of our normal traveling route which is Interstate 80, but that has never stopped me before. We have taken a couple of hundred mile detour to ride on a live steam train or to visit people. I will keep this in mind. We are going to go to Baton Rouge this year for a national Bowling tournament, but Hollister is a bit out of route also. We'll see what happens. If it's only me and the wife, it's a possibility. We have taken bigger detours to stop by a decent hobby shop.

Could be water weight, which could be caused by a host of variables. I've found that, in general, it's best to weigh myself first thing in the morning, without any clothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Had some below zero earlier this week, not to serious, -15 or so. Today, snow is melting on the driveway and the temps are +43 right now, a veritable heat wave. Sun is out! Life is good!!

Afternoon All,

Cool start today at 55 F. Went to Wally World this morning since MOH is volunteering at the school. My brother is supposed to fly in tomorrow night with his fiancee from BWI. I wonder if they will be able to get off the ground. If they do make it, Sunday we are having a family Pot Luck. MOH is making lasagna, ham and rolls. Saturday I will probably go to the train club Saturday for a couple of hours.

Today I painted and cleaned the new track and did planning for the 2 very long platforms. I discovered that 2 cheap wood yard sticks, that are placed face to face and scale wood planks on top of that works great and will save some time and money:).

Garry- Great picture. I like the white paint scheme much more than the stainless look.

Justin- Great pic's. My favorite is the 2nd one where the loco's are sitting side by side.

Sherrel- I hope your appointment went well.

Chet- The picture shows traffic flow.

20170210_122052_zpsktjgkvsn.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Could be water weight, which could be caused by a host of variables. I've found that, in general, it's best to weigh myself first thing in the morning, without any clothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Glad that you didn't post a picture. LOL

Willie

Back