Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

David, you obviously haven't heard about the Photobucket fee increase from $00.00 to post pics to here and other places (3rd party sites) to $399 per annum for the privilege. Don't think anybody is recommending Peebucket any more.

View attachment 63377

Louis You're a man after my own heart!

Karl, knew you would like those pictures.

Sorry I missed you at the train show, again. One of these years the stars will align for me and allow me to go. It's like Roseanne Roseannadanna use to say "It's always something"

Here is something else I bet you like;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TpiOtiVkeU
I'll also bet you are like me; glad we learned to drive safe and stopped letting the music set the pace!

Trouble posting pictures? I'm sorry I can't help. All I do is copy and paste.

Locust Point - Baltimore,Md. circa 1950 (A. Aubrey Bodine)
22281590_518595498487300_8865963906649956139_n.jpg

Good morning .... Coffee and a donut, please.

We were in Nashville, TN yesterday. Returned late last evening.

David, you obviously haven't heard about the Photobucket fee increase from $00.00 to post pics to here and other places (3rd party sites) to $399 per annum for the privilege. Don't think anybody is recommending Peebucket any more.
Toot: ... Is PhotoBucket still in business ? :confused:

Louis .... I like the photos of the D&H sharks with a passenger train. I thought those were freight locomotives. Also, I like the WM locos.

Good morning. A bit warmer today starting the day off at 44 degrees with an expected high in the mid 60's.

I really liked the photos of the sharks. Always liked the looks of them and had considered possibly getting one years ago but back then there weren't any really decent running ones on the market.

Ken D&J - Enjoyed your video's as usual. That overland shassis sure runs smooth, especially after sitting for so long. You should have a real gem when you get it done. Sort of reminds me of the Atlas Alcos I have with the Kato drive. You can time them with a calendar between ties.
I do have a question for you. I have been following your thread on your empire since you started build the layout room. Do you have any idea of how many locomotives you have?????

Louis - Nice photos. Having been in the Navy, I liked the one of the ship a lot. I also liked the WM high nose RS-3. I have seen a number of photos years ago of these locomotives and had toyed with the idea of modifying an Atlas RS-3 at one time.

Eric - Nice to see you chime in last night. Haven't seen you on the forum recently. Any idea of when you can get headed back to Georgia?

Sherrel - Nice video of the send off for Captain Kramer. Nice post.

The Buford Shops transfer caboose I ordered had been sitting at the post office for a few days and I finally picked it up yesterday. Impressive. Greg was right, I like it. I have never bought anything from the Buford Shops and they really have some nice detail. Comes with metal wheels and what appears to be Kadee couplers already installed. Looking forward to get going on this build, but first I have the F-3 project to work on. I'll need to order some paint for the caboose so hopefully I can get the F-3 done by the time the paint arrives.

I will be ordering more Tru Color paint. After using it to paint the F-3, I was impressed with it. Ready for an air brush right out of the bottle without any thinning necessary. I would recommend Tru Color to anyone after being a Floquil fan for decades.

Here's a rail picture for the day.

Train-Track-Computer-Wallpapers.jpg

Later

Good morning .... Coffee and a donut, please.

We were in Nashville, TN yesterday. Returned late last evening.

Toot: ... Is PhotoBucket still in business ? :confused:

Louis .... I like the photos of the D&H sharks with a passenger train. I thought those were freight locomotives. Also, I like the WM locos.
Garry, those sharks were originally freight engines. When D&H bought them (cheap), they painted over the old MGA black paint into something resembling the warbonnet blue paint to match their PAs.

Good morning, y'all. 68 and cloudy.

Sherrel:
Nice tribute to Captain Kramer.

Curt: The roof looks great.

Chet: The Buford Shops transfer caboose is a nice model. I ordered one through the NYCHS, which I expect any day now. It will go well, with my NYC RS1 (Old Atlas Yellow Box).

Louis: Love those D&H Sharks, and the Locust Point photo.

David: Those hosting services are not always the best Idea. Photobucket screwed over a large number of clients, when they went to a for fee service. Every time Microsoft updates Win10, I seem to lose the ability to do something else.

Joe - I never had any experience with the Buford Shops models before but this is the one I managed to get for $29 from ebay. I got the undecorated bay window version. In fact, I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Tru Color and ordered a number of different colors, besides the ones I'll need for the caboose. It will be a bit of a project for my old eyes, but I can get some practice working on the F-3 before tackling the caboose.

Good morning everyone. I posted earlier this morning - or so I thought - but don't see my post here. Maybe forgot to hit "post." Ya think? It was 46 this morning on the way to work - first time this season we've had to put the heat on to take the chill off. Rest of the week will be back in the upper 70's and low 80's.

Nothing to report from the train room 'cause I spent an hour last night removing an old ceiling light fixture and installing a new one. We're trying to update the house little by little.

And now, in honor of Chet - here's my rail picture for the day :)
2Q==

Have a good day everyone.

Hang it all - that photo disappeared when I hit "Post Quick Reply." Let me try it again:

In honor of Chet, here's my rail picture for the day :)

2Q==

Eric - Nice to see you chime in last night. Haven't seen you on the forum recently. Any idea of when you can get headed back to Georgia?

I have an appointment with my ENT Nov. 14 otherwise I'd be gone already. That appointment is the only thing keeping me here at the moment. Hopefully, he'll take this trach out or tell me when he will. if he takes it out then, I'm gone ASAP. If he says he'll take it out in a few months after that, I'm gone ASAP.
So you can figure I'me gone after Nov. 14 either way. As for my feeding tube (g-tube), I imagine it can come out after the trach tube comes out and I'm able to eat proper again.

I haven't posted much because I'm not doing much. Well, my head is not in the game as it were. My thoughts are all about getting back home and nothing else. I don't want to do any more on this railroad because I'll just be tearing it up in a couple of weeks. I did get a couple of orders of stuff from the Chinese people. I got a bag of assorted painted cars. When I saw how cheap their bags of pre-painted people was compared to what I'm dealing with painting all of them, I opted to just order the prepainted cars and be done with it. Wish I would have done that with the people. I also got a few crossing signals that came with circuit boards to make them alternate doing the flashing signal thingy. Also got a few dwarf bi-color signals that I have to construct and wire. I could tinker with that stuff but I really don't want to until I get it all back home else I'll get major league distracted.

But I'm still around! I do read all the posts daily.
E

Wow!!! It's only 55° here right now at 12:20 local time.
81° back home in GA.
Hopefully, I'll be out of here before it gets too cold or - God forbid - snows!
Although that is one thing I miss in the South - a good snow. We do get them but rarely a really good one.
E

Hang it all - that photo disappeared when I hit "Post Quick Reply." Let me try it again:

In honor of Chet, here's my rail picture for the day :)

2Q==

Okay - I quit.

Johnny Don't be dishearten over this. Not your fault, it's the overly huge web address of the picture, too much for the puker to handle. 1 way around it is to "Save as" which just saves the image, not the web address. then you can post it.
No poop.jpg

Johnny - I have another subject started about some photos not being able to be posted. Probably in at least the past month I have had problems uploading photos to the forum. Some of them I have actually uploaded in the past, but now they will no. I reduced the picture size to just the 3000x3000 size that the forum can handel and was able to get them uploaded. What baffles me is why photos that I have had no problems with before are not uploading. Maybe Bob has an answer.

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one having the problem.

...Ken D&J - Enjoyed your video's as usual. That overland shassis sure runs smooth, especially after sitting for so long. You should have a real gem when you get it done. Sort of reminds me of the Atlas Alcos I have with the Kato drive. You can time them with a calendar between ties.
I do have a question for you. I have been following your thread on your empire since you started build the layout room. Do you have any idea of how many locomotives you have?????

Actually, I try to avoid that question.
I'm currently logging them all into the JMRI decoder pro. I should have a pretty good idea when I'm done doing that.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier today. In the train room today I painted and weathered the resin castings I received yesterday. The weathering was a thinned wash of black (don't remember the specific shade of Tamiya off the top of my head). Tomorrow I'm going to get a haircut, not sure what else is on tap.

VA Ken- Very nice low speed operation. The Scale Trains loco looks really nice.

Louis- Nice looking Sharks and Hammer Head. Like Chet I like the ship photo a lot also.

CA Dave- Thank you.

Joe- Thank you.

20171011_133040.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back