Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!

1588193155178.png

Good afternoon ........

Thanks for all of the comments on my construction photos.

GARRY - I loved the construction photos - (are those legs made from particleboard?)

Sherrel ..... Legs and frame are from particle board cut with my table saw. I made a lot of sawdust.

Willie ..... Gotta love the Santa Fe Warbonnet paint scheme !

Boris .... That is an interesting photo of the locomotives being swapped in South Amboy.

Bob .... Evidently, it is your birthday...... Have a good one. Where is the cake ?

Chet .... I like the South Shore photos.

Everybody .... Have a nice evening .

I'm trying to beat LOUIS today, LOL :eek: It's all fun, LOUIS.
I just thought I would throw this out ...
As of this date, Temecula has had 76 virus cases with zero deaths - no new cases in 4 days!
The town (attached at the hip) to our North has had several more cases and several deaths.

I'm trying to beat LOUIS today, LOL :eek: It's all fun, LOUIS.
I just thought I would throw this out ...
As of this date, Temecula has had 76 virus cases with zero deaths - no new cases in 4 days!
The town (attached at the hip) to our North has had several more cases and several deaths.
Sherrel, I would have loved to have played baseball with you. We would have had so much fun just sitting at the end of the bench needling each other and everybody else! :)

Patrick, I have replaced all my plastic wheels (about 350 cars worth) with metal. about half were replaced with Proto 2000 wheels, the rest were mostly Kadee. I tried Intermountain, but getting the proper fit in the truck was a bit of a bother with them. The P2K and KD wheels too the least amount of "adjusting". View attachment 47436
By adjusting, if you find a tight axle, use a reamer (available from Micro Mark or your LHS) to add a little play to a tight axle fit, all to reduce friction and decrease rolling resistance. And yes, you don't have to replace the whole truck, just the wheel sets.
I did find a quick tutorial covering the basics .....

I other thing I do is paint each wheel set with rail brown or rust before I replace them. Saves me a step later on weathering.

There ya go! Good post! I use Proto exclusivley and buy all the wheels from Yankeedabbler.

I think I gonna start a post for "Mail Call" in honor of all those Post office people who keep having to find creative ways to avoid to coming to my doorstep. LOL. No really I have lions at the gate. (2) 20 lb & 22lb cats 21 months old......I rescued them last September. These guys are a hoot. They actually growl at the door lol. They must've been a dogs in another life. They are brothers from the same litter. I named them Wyatt Earp & Doc Holliday.

Next spring I will get me a new pup a Silver/Blue lab from Pennsylvania. He will be a "shed" hunter. Which is a dog trained to find deer antler sheds. Plus he will be my fishing buddy when I am out on the boat. Probably name him "Gunner". lol

So ya back to the "Mail Call" whacha think? Have a thread for this?

I think I gonna start a post for "Mail Call" in honor of all those Post office people who keep having to find creative ways to avoid to coming to my doorstep. LOL. No really I have lions at the gate. (2) 20 lb & 22lb cats 21 months old......I rescued them last September. These guys are a hoot. They actually growl at the door lol. They must've been a dogs in another life. They are brothers from the same litter. I named them Wyatt Earp & Doc Holliday.

Next spring I will get me a new pup a Silver/Blue lab from Pennsylvania. He will be a "shed" hunter. Which is a dog trained to find deer antler sheds. Plus he will be my fishing buddy when I am out on the boat. Probably name him "Gunner". lol

So ya back to the "Mail Call" whacha think? Have a thread for this?

I'm with you, Mail Call is one of my favorite TV shows!

How about Gunny for a name or at least it could be a nick name. I've had dogs all my life and one cat, but I have never named a single one of them. I do make up all kinds of nick names for them.

On the way to go get some take-out (we are supporting local restaurants once a week with take out lunch) I passed these. Don't know what they are, who they belong to, etc. But usually you don't see locomotives on this spur track (don't even know where it comes from). Sometimes you see a few cars of sorts. I think this is the second time I noticed some locomotives ever. So on the way home I stopped and took a couple quick pics.

Since my railroad interests lie in Japanese and German/Swiss/Austrian/Other European trains, I have no clue on these :)

(Thumbnails inserted, click to get large edition)

eK5b1S1LR%2zbGC2fiVyOA.jpgwRoK%DG4SLizc+8dxBrqHw.jpg

On the way to go get some take-out (we are supporting local restaurants once a week with take out lunch) I passed these. Don't know what they are, who they belong to, etc. But usually you don't see locomotives on this spur track (don't even know where it comes from). Sometimes you see a few cars of sorts. I think this is the second time I noticed some locomotives ever. So on the way home I stopped and took a couple quick pics.

Since my railroad interests lie in Japanese and German/Swiss/Austrian/Other European trains, I have no clue on these :)

View attachment 47446View attachment 47447

EMD GP38-2s

View attachment 47446View attachment 47447
They are real beauties, thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back