Roundhouse milk car

Hi !

I see this car on a ad and sometime i find very old car so beautifull.

I want to know how roundhouse car are accurate for CN ?

It is just a american car painted or it's better ?

Here is the link : http://www.roundhousetrains.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=RND84546

Thanks !

Hi C Cool,
I was going to start by saying, 'What would you younger guys do without us older guys', but realized you were actually teaching me something new instead as upon first glance it appeared to be the same type of wood sheathed Reefer so prevalent in the late 1890 to the 1940's and at that time the newer steal under frame cars were taking the place of the older cars.

>The charm of the older cars:
But you are right there sure is a lot of charm to the older style of cars and equipment and that is my choice for the C & S West Short Line RR as most all the cars are trussrod under bellys to support the floor.
Model Die Casting/Roundhouse is an old company that was in Hawthorn, Calif. which is in the Los Angeles area and I have actually been in that manufacturing facility in the early 1950's and they actually had a Steam Locomotive that had pulled up about a 100 yards from their place and they were taking picture and measurements of it as I recall as the area was an industrial area.

>Roundhouse's accuracy:
I believe their accuracy to be fairly correct.

>As with most mfgs of model RR equipment:
They follow very closely with the actual prototype.

In actuality that car that may seem old to you was indeed at least a couple of steps and probably more like four steps above it predecessor which was the old 36ft Trussrod under frame wood sheathed reefer with Ice hatches on each end so this Milk Car is the predecessor to the more modern refrigerator cars.

I hope I have answered your questions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back