RMC May issue?

I got the May issue a few days ago in the mail. Im not currently a subscriber to RMC, they just sent it to me for free without me even asking lol

If i could afford it right now, id be subscribing to RMC and re-newing my MR subscription before it ends.... lol

It's still not in my local B&N, Railfan and Railroad is but not RMC. And the june issues of both Trains and MR are already out. R&R was just put out last night according to the store.

Not bashing, but it sure is a slap in the face of customers that Carstens will not post anything on the website or print something in the Magazine about the publication delays.

I know this is a late add on about this publication, but, I got a gripe about RRMC magazine.
About 3 months ago I sent them a check & a subscription form made out to me. About 6 weeks ago I sent them an email asking what happened to my magazine. Then about every other week I sent them some more. In the last week I sent them an email everyday. This morning I sent them 3 more. Tonite I got an email telling me that my check had been posted on Sept. 20th & my first issue would be mailed in Dec. 2010.
Crazy-Crazy-Crazy. I'm getting tired of all the repeats in Model railroader mag & thought I would subscribe to RMC again after a 3 year break. I know there is an online MRR magazine & 2 more coming up soon, But I like a hands on publication.

I know this is a late add on about this publication, but, I got a gripe about RRMC magazine.
About 3 months ago I sent them a check & a subscription form made out to me. About 6 weeks ago I sent them an email asking what happened to my magazine. Then about every other week I sent them some more. In the last week I sent them an email everyday. This morning I sent them 3 more. Tonite I got an email telling me that my check had been posted on Sept. 20th & my first issue would be mailed in Dec. 2010.
Crazy-Crazy-Crazy. I'm getting tired of all the repeats in Model railroader mag & thought I would subscribe to RMC again after a 3 year break. I know there is an online MRR magazine & 2 more coming up soon, But I like a hands on publication.
I've found emails don't work with any of Carsten's publications. It's best to call them and talk with a real, live person. Have done that in the past and always gotten an answer to my question or problem. Just don't call around lunch time. And they are NOT a very large operation either.

I've found emails don't work with any of Carsten's publications. It's best to call them and talk with a real, live person. Have done that in the past and always gotten an answer to my question or problem. Just don't call around lunch time. And they are NOT a very large operation either.

I called them before I started emailing them. They would put me on hold for a long time & then comeback on the phone after what seemed like 20 minutes at a time & ask me what I was on hold for. Then they would put me on hold again & then I would hang up. Called them back again & put me on hold again.
I don't have the time or have the nerves to sit waiting for someone to talk to me on a phone.
The NMRA did the same thing to me. After about 3 months of getting nowhere w/phone calls to them I Started emailing them everyday.
I got 2 magazines together one month from them & then after another 3 months of no magazines & never got my ID card I emailed them & told them to either send the mags & ID card or cancel my membership. So, they canceled my membership, but kept the money I sent them. I thought they were needing new members.

Larry:
What can I say but that you seem to be unlucky.
People when they're put on hold tend to think they are on for along time but when one actually looks at a clock you find out you weren't. When put on hold don't hang up and call again unless the connection gets dumped. You just end up spending more time on hold or going through a phone tree. Been there, done that, and it's gotten me nowhere.
Never dealt with the NMRA as they have nothing I want or need and why waste my money for something like that.

Jack, I have a timer on my phone & I know how long I was on the phone both times. It's just not right for them to put you on hold & then want to know why you are holding.
It's the same way w/Direct TV, but, that's another whole matter that's not talked about on a MRR forum. LOL

Larry, Jack's dead right on this one. As a subscriber and contributor to the mag, I've gotten the best results by the phone too. It's a small company, putting out 3 monthly magazines, 2 annual narrow gage mags plus a book operation. All with probably less than a dozen people. A whole lot less than the staff at MR. Best time to call, between 10 and 11:30a.m. or between 2 and 4 p.m. (eastern time)

Back