Ricker Fracker Atlas

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Don't get me wrong. My B&P GP-38 is still my favorite loco. But it's so fricking hard to get the body on and off. And of course, I've been having a problem with poor contact between the motor and the Sountrax Decoder. It runs fine with the body off, but put the body on and it works only intermitantly. So body off. Body on. body off. Body on.

Today, I decided I'd give up on the the slip on connectors and solder it. It took almost 20 minutes to get the body off and of course you don't want to screw any rails of detail up. It about 30 seconds to solder the wires. Then it takes me 20-30 minutes to get the body back on. It runs great, but the back left part of the shell is sitting up a bit exposing a crack and the tab.

It just won't go down. I suspect that the center tab is holding it out, but that seems flush.

I have an easier time with steam linkage than this.

I think with the Soundtrax decoder and speaker in there, you've re-invented the Blivot.... 5lbs of wet manure in a 2lbs bag.

Not really, the decoder is an exact replacement of the Lenz and the speaker/box fit in the little lift of section in the top.

I guess I'm just inept.

Don't feel bad Chip, the LifeLike SW9 in N scale takes about 15-20 minutes to take the shell off. It's my one PIA engine I have.

Back