Rerailer

Ah, no worries. I could have been more clear about looking at it from the bottom end and up the ramp, which I think I typed in and then lost from my last post TOO. Blech!
Rix Products: Rick manufactured some of his items because he knew what he wanted, but couldn't find them anywhere. His rerailer, his ballast spreader, etc. I'll speculate that, now that his very large home layout is finished, he really DOESN'T need them anymore, so they've gone out of production...at least for now. I'm sure he still has the molds if he decides to do another run.
I do wonder if we would ever have seen any of his molded kits too, had 3D printing been available when he started out in business (he owns an injection molding company, and does quite a few small parts for auto companies, IIRC). So many possibilities and methods today that just hadn't been imagined a generation ago. All part of the fun. :D
Yeah, certainly a possibility that he may have done some, but if he had a injection moulding company, he certainly could have done them, probably decided it wouldn't sell, as to market it would have been cost prohibitive, eBay/Amazon not being around then, but I think 3D printers for the home are a great addition, if you have the skill to use one.

Back