Remnants of Canandaigua Yards

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
This afternoon while in Canandaigua, NY taking some photos of an old mill, I was able to check out some of the ruins still left of when the NYC and the Northern Central of the PRR ruled this part of the country. Hope you enjoy (even though these don't compare to the offerings that Eric puts up here......)

Rail still in use by the FGLK Railway:

Rail01w.png

This concrete foundation may have been part of or at least near where the Penn Station was. It is found directly behind an old grain elevator that still stands.

Foundation01w.png

Foundation02w.png

Only a few feet away we found this with a brick portion within the concrete. I have no idea what the metal piece is:

Foundation04w.png

Foundation03w.png

This area used to house a tank that stored Molasses that was added to the cattle feed prepared in the elevator. The first photo shows where the tracks came in, the second you can see the foundation for the tank on the right.

Benhams04w.png

Benhams02w.png

Nice pictures, Ray. I wonder how many other items in our society that were made in 1916 are still doing useful work today? That metal thing looks like half a derail installation to me.

Nice bits of history, Ray! Its amazing what is still out there of our rail and industrial history. Thanks for documenting it here.

Back