Rechargeable 9v for Digitrax Throttles?

funnelfan

I'm studying rechargeable 9v batteries for our club Digitrax throttles, and I'm looking for some advise. One of our club members claimed that he used to use such batteries back in 2007, but they only lasted a hour and a half in radio equipped throttles. I looked at some sample batteries he brought in, and they were 150-160mah batteries. The batteries I was looking at were 250mah, but for about 2-3 x the cost or so, there are 1200mah batteries. I was wondering if anyone uses rechargeable 9v batteries, and if the 250mah is enough from radio controlled operations?

I know from experience, that rechargeable AA batteries (Duracell) last about 1 week in a wireless mouse, where "normal" low cost Duracell/Energizer, ect AA "throw away" last me about 3 months.

Now, as for the 9V option? I'm not sure. Never used them, but I myself would avoid them.

I'm studying rechargeable 9v batteries for our club Digitrax throttles, and I'm looking for some advise. One of our club members claimed that he used to use such batteries back in 2007, but they only lasted a hour and a half in radio equipped throttles. I looked at some sample batteries he brought in, and they were 150-160mah batteries. The batteries I was looking at were 250mah, but for about 2-3 x the cost or so, there are 1200mah batteries. I was wondering if anyone uses rechargeable 9v batteries, and if the 250mah is enough from radio controlled operations?
Rechargable batteries are the only way to go.
The problem with most is that the voltage is not 9volts but 8.4 because of the difference in cell type.
The exception are the powerex brand which runs at 9.6 volts. They last longer than an energizer or duracel battery and can be charged a thousand times without memory issues. They also quickly pay for themselves.
Here's a link to a deal providing charger and 3 batteries for 60 bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rechargable_battery_9v-_-17-355-034-_-Product

We use Rayovac batteries and they have 9v, most others do not.
They have lasted over a year so far and are still going strong.

Back