Really Inactive

It seems summer is in full swing and people are outside, and not down in the basement working/playing with trains.

Me however, it's way too hot outside, so I'm in the basement working on the layout.

too hot

you are correct. its hot in central texas also.
im on an atlas true track kick now, i really like their track. i had code 55 down and somewhat ballasted, some looked good, some really bad. im giving up my big curves that i really like and settling for 15.5 inch max, which is sharp to me. im gambling on more true track pieces in the future, i wish atlas would give us some kind of update on what they plan on doing with the code 65 line. they have a winner here, i hope they keep it. i can join code 55 for sidings and yards with just a tad of filing. sorry for the rambling.......

FWC RR has slowed to a crawl

Over the past winter, the FWC RR was started in my basement computer/furnace room. All the benchwork was completed and most track was laid. I am retiring from my job at the end of August, so I plan on spending a lot more time fine tuning the trackwork & turnouts, before starting on scenery.
I have attached a link to photos showing the layout as it sits now.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=371263&id=845860003&l=8242a16f10

Norm

Ummm, ok...

I really want about a dozen 30,000 gallon ethanol tankers. Now!

And the glue under a turnout pad on the backside of my N-scale HCD is currently curing.

I got a Thread for you early birds. What kind of music do you listen to in your trainroom, workshop or playing on the puter?

tunes

merle haggard. i dug out and bunch of old records i had when i was a kid in the late 60's. same ones i listened to when i got my first postage stamp trains set. old memories, new (and way better) n scale

I am as guilty as guilty can get. Just run out of time with having to mow grass, take care of the little girl, one full-and-a-quarter time job, one part-time job, and it is getting close to antique tractor shows. Something has to give. Unfortunately it is the MRR, just wish that there was 30 hours in a day. I guess that is what winter time is for (and rainy nasty days). :)

Edit: OOOPS, didn't realize this was the N-scale page. I guess I am not one of the guilty for this page atleast :)

Threw together a new bridge that I picked up from Monroe Models at the National Train Show and a grain elevator that's been laying around. Thank God for severe thunderstorms I guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Thread for you early birds. What kind of music do you listen to in your trainroom, workshop or playing on the puter?

I'm all over the place on that one!

If I'm running steam or building structures, big band music.

Decoder installs or repowerings , 80's rock, no not culture club or tears for fear, more like Meatloaf, Whitesnake, Scorpions, etc....

Diesel engine running,,, pretty much anything from the 60's on up til 1990.

Puter playing? Jack FM streaming, like, right now!

Back