RAPIDO TRAINS "The Canadian" Part 2

MLW

Note: I just did not want to get tangle into the other thread that may go "down" with sterile arguement about cost, manufacturers etc..
This is about model trains. Hence this second thread about RAPIDO TRAINS upcoming "The Canadian"

=================================================

For those of you who are interested by Rapido Trains and especially the upcoming "The Canadian" this might be of interest.

Jason Shron (President/founder of Rapido Trains) is on a cross-Canada tour to showcase the pre-production model of "The Canadian" (which will also be on display at an upcoming US show)

Jason has put a blog about the tour on Rapido Trains website. An excellent blog. You can read the latest here: http://www.rapidotrains.com/blog20110624.html

and I am not bias by any means :cool:

It was my honor to meet Jason a few days ago during his stop at a local hobby shop. Talking to such a dynamic, enthusiastic and knowledgeable person was a pleasure and a great opportunity to catch up.

The models are simply stunning. The level of details (in and outside the model) are impressive. The loco are amazing as well and so is the sound! This is by far the most realistic sound of any HO loco I have ever heard. And for good reasons since Jason actually recorded the right loco himself. Nothing generic or computer generated on this sound board. All the sound are from the real loco!

I took a few pictures. Keep in mind they were shot on the fly, so they are not the greatest.. You have been warned

Last edited by a moderator:
Rapido Trains blog: http://www.rapidotrains.com/blog20110624.html

First the LRC. It's on its way for 2012. Can't wait. So, fuzzy pic of the LRC Loco.
I did mentioned that these are all pre-production models. Right? Good.

201162595129_1%20LRC.JPG

201162595216_2%20LRC.JPG

There was lots of goodies..........

201162595439_3%20VIA.JPG

Loco with the proper, correct, prototypical accurate to the last detail, Canadian built (under licence) made Loco: Era (year) specific, prototype specific, RR specific, actual loco # specific.

201162595456_4%20VIA.JPG

201162595552_7%20VIA.JPG

20116259567_8%20VIA.JPG

201162595625_9%20VIA.JPG

201162595523_5%20VIA.JPG

The cars... correct greenish window tint, superb inetrior details, excellent and prototype accurate outside details and marking.

201162595539_6VIA.JPG

201162595641_10%20VIA.JPG

201162595656_11%20VIA.JPG

201162595758_14%20VIA.JPG

201162595817_15%20VIA.JPG

The great man himself, who made all this possible..

201162595738_13%20VIA%20JASON.JPG

Hu..also gave Jason two weatherd boxcars since he seems to like my weathering. Go figure! Thanks for the compliments Jason

Syl

201162595715_12%20VIA.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats some nice stuff. Detail on that VIA unit is incredible. Maybe some big name companies should start paying attention to detail like Rapido. Also ask them who manufactures there stuff without problems?

Did he happen to say if the stainless finish on the cars you saw were the way the production run was going to be, or are they going to be more reflective?
Doug

Did he happen to say if the stainless finish on the cars you saw were the way the production run was going to be, or are they going to be more reflective?
Doug

The production run will be more reflective. He's still tweaking that as he wasn't totally satisfied with the current version. The man just won't quit until he gets it perfect.

Note: I just did not want to get tangle into the other thread that may go "down" with sterile arguement about cost, manufacturers etc..
This is about model trains. Hence this second thread about RAPIDO TRAINS upcoming "The Canadian"
=================================================

For those of you who are interested by Rapido Trains and especially the upcoming "The Canadian" this might be of interest.

Jason Shron (President/founder of Rapido Trains) is on a cross-Canada tour to showcase the pre-production model of "The Canadian" (which will also be on display at an upcoming US show)

Jason has put a blog about the tour on Rapido Trains website. An excellent blog. You can read the latest here: http://www.rapidotrains.com/blog20110624.html

and I am not bias by any means :cool:

It was my honor to meet Jason a few days ago during his stop at a local hobby shop. Talking to such a dynamic, enthusiastic and knowledgeable person was a pleasure and a great opportunity to catch up.

The models are simply stunning. The level of details (in and outside the model) are impressive. The loco are amazing as well and so is the sound! This is by far the most realistic sound of any HO loco I have ever heard. And for good reasons since Jason actually recorded the right loco himself. Nothing generic or computer generated on this sound board. All the sound are from the real loco!

I took a few pictures. Keep in mind they were shot on the fly, so they are not the greatest.. You have been warned

Great pictures MLW. What an awesome set. And you're right about the sound. It just totally blew me away.

I was also honoured to meet Jason. The man is totally obsessed to get every detail right and it shows in the models. This is just a pre-production sample and the finished product will be even more better.:)

This is a pretty hectic tour he's on and I'm just thankful he included such an out-of-the-way place as Red Deer in central Alberta.

Back