Rant: Outrageous Pre-order Lead Times

Josh, after reading that update from Brian, I'd get my money back right quick. It has all the sounds of a business just keeping its head above water. The fact they've elected not to attend the NMRA convention tells me they don't even have to the money for preproduction models and to update their show materials with the T55 name. I hope they can stay afloat also but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. :(

Josh, after reading that update from Brian, I'd get my money back right quick. It has all the sounds of a business just keeping its head above water. The fact they've elected not to attend the NMRA convention tells me they don't even have to the money for preproduction models and to update their show materials with the T55 name. I hope they can stay afloat also but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. :(

I just emailed my request for a refund of my two deposits. I wasn't aware that the situation had deteriorated to this extent. I hope T55 survive because I really like their locomotives, but I'm not willing to bet even small - but precious - amounts of money on somebody else's situation. Now I'll just have to wait and see if the dealer I placed the orders with and gave the deposits to will honor my request. (If not, they'll never get another dime of my business ever again.)

Back