Quote for 12/13

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
[Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
Al Capp (1909 - 1979)

And a number of years back, my wife and I stopped in the Art Gallery at the Palmer House in Chicago. The main room was filled with the latest in Abstract c--- er, ah art. But there was a small room adjacent with beautiful work displayed. I made the comment that this was beautiful art. Unknowlingly to me, the lady clerk had come up behind me and said, "This is the art. The other stuff is to sell."

That said it all...

The other stuff is to sell
Other than the Canadian government, I wonder why anyone buys it. In Ottawa (the capitol) they have two douzies they paid millions for. One is a rectangle with three vertical stripes, a red stripe, black stripe and another red stripe multi millions spent on that garbage, and to add insult to injury for the taxpayers they bought another monstrosity, a big red square with a smaller black square centered on the red, more millions down the drain.(colors might be reversed, I forget) Bet the so called artists were laughing all the way to the bank. :mad:

Cheers Willis

Back