Question about use of SPDT Momentary toggles for switch control

TVRRMAN

As of yesterday,

I began installing a new control panel I had specially commissioned my workplace to manufacture for me.

In the process, I'd reworked the design to use SPDT Momentary toggle switches to control the Atlas Code 100 turnouts. However, I've run into some minor confusion on the wiring of them. I understand so far that the center wire is wired in series between each toggle on the panel, but I'm confused as to how I need the other leads setup. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm using straight DC separated into five electrical blocks

Thomas, the SPDT switches select which way the switch will be thrown. Connecting the center to the supply engergizes the switches. The remaining two connectors go the the switch machine for Normal and Thrown positions. If you are using Atlas switch machines, they have three screws to attach wires. One is for Normal one is for Thrown and one is ground. Connect all the grounds together then connect each toggle to is corresponding switch so it operates how you want.

I hope that helps but don't hesitate to speak up if it is not clear.

Just wondering, wouldn't the designer know how to wire it? Just a little confused about the manufacturing statement.

Paul,

Thanks for the verification. Technically my control panel was their first run-in with Model Railroad type items. Normally the company does plastic, stainless steel, or bronze labels for industrial applications, thus the reason why I'm pretty much on my own with this somewhat. I've attached a picture of how the panel's turned out so far.

I'm gonna give your suggestion a shot, and hopefully we'll see the turnouts operating from the control panel again tonight.

Thanks again,

In addition to the above, here is a diagram I made a long time ago. Just ignore the Relay part as that was for Atlas snap relays for power routing.

Seperate.png

Well, great news:

Thanks to everyone who posted, the SPDT's are wired in, the new control panel is fully active, and the main has automated turnouts again. The toggles may have to come loose one last time to possibly affix a piece of 1/4" Louan beyond it for better stability. We'll see what happens come monday

Thanks again,

Back