Proud to be a Veteran

Yes indeed thanks to all Veterans . I was in college during Vietnam and then they introduced the Lottery I was 284 or something like that .

Yes indeed thanks to all Veterans . I was in college during Vietnam and then they introduced the Lottery I was 284 or something like that .

My Lottery number was "7".
I was working at Sears the day it was drawn. I went over to the TV department when they drew the numbers. Then after, I went and shook hands with everyone and said "Good Bye".

My Lottery number was "7".
I was working at Sears the day it was drawn. I went over to the TV department when they drew the numbers. Then after, I went and shook hands with everyone and said "Good Bye".
Funny how the luck of the draw can change your life . My cousin had a low number and he got drafted . I can remeber guys crying in class room when they were anouncing the numbers over the loud speaker !!!!

Indeed. I had a wife, two kids, and was going to college during Vietnam so I was deferred. My brother was single, not going to college, and a year younger than me. My number was 301, which didn't make any difference because I wasn't going to get drafted anyway. My brother's number was 27. :( He went down and enlisted the next day so he could be regular Army. He figured that, if he survived, at least he'd get more benefits than being a draftee and, luckily, it worked out for him.

Back