Power issue

A friend of mine has DCC on his layout. He has a wye and the reversing module wired into it. The base leg of the wye between the switches has no power. What is causing this issue? The other wye that he has on the layout works fine. I compared the wires and insulated joints and they appear to be set up the same. As a note, he has the AR-1 (Digitrax) reversing modules on the newer wye as the one with the problem has the older reversing module that is not on the PC board.(MRC brand)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raymond: Make sure he has the power "in" and "track out" leads hooked up correctly to the AR-1.

A good check is to make sure you have power going into the module and then check the track outputs with a meter and with the track disconnected. Aren't there LED's on the AR-1? If so, are they lit?

There are no LED's on the AR-1's. He checked the wiring last night with the diagram in the Digitrax web site and they correct. The section that he is having problems with is connected to the MRC auto reverser. While I was there trying to help with the problem, I tried lining the turnouts in different ways to make sure that they are not power routing. I think that he may need to install a set of feeders to the base leg and /or replace the MRC unit with a Digitrax AR-1.

Ok, I think I misread your post. He is ok with the AR-1, but not the MRC. Right?
I'm not sure what you are calling the base leg, but it doesn't matter. Which ever leg that is being reversed must be isolated at both ends and both rails. The reverser input is from the track power buss and the output is to the isolated leg, (between turnouts is best). If there is no power on this isolated leg, then the MRC is not functioning corrrectly.;) :)

Back